dumb ole me!

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I dont know if any of you have ever made this mistake.

I downloaded my channel list via udf and went to the cpu ali editor and changed my favorite channels SID to 0 to keep the receiver from renaming them.

Well I have done it several times. I never deleted the old udf files from before.

Well yesterday I went through and changed my sat motor numbers and renumbered them 1-23.

Well after the changing and saving new file from the editor I popped the ole usb back in the micro and hit download, well it downloaded the OLD udf file and thus changed back to my old motor positions!

I went to move to g17 and the dish drove out to 72* AMC 6! i was like What the Heck! Well after a few minutes I realized G17 had position 11 instead of 6 like i changed it! So I had to go back and delete the old udf files! I have been having slack in my motor and when I look outside to see the dish aiming 19 degrees too far to the east I was freaked out!

Any of you ever accidently loaded your old udf file?

i like to rename the downloaded file to something like with the date i download. then it doesn't get overwritten by the receiver. thats after i screwed up the download from the s9 and lost all my corrections. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)