AZBox Premium listed on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Except for one thing: charge back is done by your credit card from Paypal bank, and it may have some "no go" clauses in the customer agreement for such cases, especially if the seller's Paypal or bank account is empty. Of course, they have countermeasures in place for new sellers, such as holding charged funds for a reasonable time to deliver the product, etc. But they also warn buyers in such cases in product description and EBay & Paypal Rules that there isn't much warranty & reprocausion. Read fine print first... :) Besides that, a chance to successfully charge back direct transaction to an overseas bank is slim, as different law and practices apply - so I wouldn't buy direct from the Cantic Store site (just a warning from competitor). :rant:

That sounds good, except it sounds like PayPal propaganda to control people. (PayPal has huge fraud losses, so they try to get buyers to accept things on their self serving terms, not more strict Visa/MasterCard rules)

When you read the PayPal "help" stuff, I think they try to dissuade you from doing chargebacks. Why? Because charge backs force PayPal to be more responsible for fraudulent sellers. Otherwise, buyers who get caught up in PayPal's bureaucracy may get discouraged and quit trying...

But with more eBay feedbacks than my number of posts on Satellite Guys, and having gotten screwed numerous times, and doing business on eBay from all over the world, my experience says that I will get my money back.

1.Complaining about a problem through PayPal is a waste of time. (Nevertheless, be sure to complain/dispute as necessary with eBay/PayPal, so you don't get in trouble with them.)

2. The merchant's creditcard fulfillment provider bank will eat chargebacks when the merchant is fraudulent.

3. Charge backs through your credit card work much better than disputes through PayPal. PayPal will screw you, in my experience.

Where have I bought things from?

Macau, China, Hong Kong, Philipines, Czech Republic, Canada, Ireland, Britain, Canada, US, of course.

I avoid foreign transactions, but do them when the situation is right.

YMMV, of course.

1. Complaining about a problem through PayPal is a waste of time.
2. The merchant's credit card fulfillment provider bank will eat charge backs when the merchant is fraudulent.
3. Charge backs through your credit card work much better than disputes through PayPal.
It sounds like an overkill. :) Filing a Paypal Dispute resolves a typical EBay conflict almost instantly in vast majority of cases, when a high volume seller is involved, due to efficient EBay & Paypal stimulus scheme. However, when it doesn't, and a party's evidence is insufficient to finalize the dispute, the outcome is negative. Credit card companies will still ask you for similar evidence before attempting to charge back a Paypal transaction. Also, it might be quite difficult for a US bank to collect and provide evidence sufficient for a foreign bank (according to their legislation, upfront unknown) to reverse a transaction. I assume, Paypal is insured to cover related losses, once they've shown reasonable efforts to mitigate the issue.

Last edited:
Good Grief... What scam?

Report this seller to eBay for what?

Until we know more, maybe all the fuss is hysteria from competitors...

I see plenty of potential for this eBay seller being dodgy, :devil:
(out of US, incredibly cheap shipping, etc.)
but take precautions.

Here's how I would handle this:
1. Do not pay with anything other than credit card. PayPal preferred so they don't see your credit card number. If you must give them a credit card number, use one of those one time use number things some CC providers offer. Definitely, no wire transfer, Western Union, bank account, etc...

2. If the seller appears to defraud (screw) you, complain nicely.

3. After enough time goes by and there is definitely a problem, do a chargeback with your credit card company.

Very high chance of getting your money back.

That eBay seller selling the visionsat PVRs started out with zero feedbacks... (but he was in Roseville, IIRC)
Go to the seller's website and order an
item from him and he tells you he only except western union and bank transfers.
Then you will see the scam with your own eyes.

The idiot puts, or lets eBay put, a PayPal logo on his sale, but then refuses to accept PayPal. (I didn't even know eBay let sellers list with anything other than PayPal these days!) Why hasn't eBay dumped this seller by now?

Heh, after looking at the feedback, that seller might get bounced from eBay, unless they accept PayPal.

Sellers must accept PayPal.

I thought the seller looked dodgy. But until there is evidence, I am unwilling to pronounce judgement in a kangaroo court.

Heh, after looking at the feedback, that seller might get bounced from eBay, unless they accept PayPal.

Sellers must accept PayPal.

I thought the seller looked dodgy. But until there is evidence, I am unwilling to pronounce judgement in a kangaroo court.

Who is a kangaroo? :)

So far the seller hasn't defrauded anyone that I can see. Refusing to accept PayPal (if indeed they did, the buyer can type whatever they want) violates the eBay policy when listing with PayPal but there is no evidence yet of taking money and not shipping product. Doesn't mean I would want to be one of those current bidders. ;)

... Filing a Paypal Dispute resolves a typical EBay conflict almost instantly in vast majority of cases, when a high volume seller is involved, due to efficient EBay & Paypal stimulus scheme. ...

Instantly....wow... things must have changed...

The only time I have seen a conflict resolved in a minimum of time is when the seller has been screwing people right and left and hasn't been shutdown yet.

I've never seen a feedback score of (-1) before. :eek:k:

Do you use eBay? :rolleyes:

Look, not every seller is eligible for PayPal buyer protection. In the case where a seller is not, they will only reimburse you up to the extent of how much there is in the sellers PayPal account.

Chargebacks don't have all of these caveats in the fine print.

If you like dealing with PayPal's claim process fine... How many have you done?

I did a few, mostly with HK sellers with sufficient feedback, as they never shipped anything, telling stories, or fooled on product category & specs - they do it often. They kept e-mailing BS and negotiating deals, but once claim was filed, refunded immediately. Doesn't work that good with low volume sellers.

Now we talking, seller has 15k feedbacks. $349.99 for Premium is a good price. But I am happy with my elite and the price I paid..

15k feedbacks and their user name has azbox in it? Thought that was a newer mfg..

Oh, familyfiallo of Miami changed their user ID.

storecantik dug themselves out of their -1 feedback hole by selling a Premium to... another Indonesian "store" with no feedback! Hopefully that's the only sale that these clowns make.

I had a VERY difficult time trying to get money refunded from a scammer, especially when they show proof of delivery. Delivery of an empty envelope.
But hey, it had a tracking number, and was signed for, what's the problem.

Thanks to Visa, I got my money back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)