Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Arizona
I have:

Captive Works CW-700S
Foretec 33" dish
Dual FTA linear LNB

I paid an installer to lock the dish into 97W (Ku Band). I have downloaded 148 channels and yes, they match up with "the list" for 97W. All channels show "scrambled". Any thoughts?

There are some channels on 97W that are scrambled but there are at least 100 TV channels that aren't

what are some channels that are scrambled?

Sample of scrambled channels

Pars TV
Ishtar TV
Andisheh TV
ABN

I can get a longer list if necessary but I checked most of them and they all say the same thing "channel scrambled". I switched over to the radio channels and there is nothing coming through. I have coax direct from dish to cd-700s and the a short piece of coax going from it to the TV. Other things to check???

And thank you for the lightning fast response.

when you hit the info button does the channel show signal quality?

There should be a quality meter that tells you

Just had a look and it looks pretty much the same as always. Went through most of it and most were there and up. Including Pars TV, Ishtar TV, ABN.

according to thelist those channels are free.
Hopefully someone else can chime in. My dish is not at 97W to check if maybe there is technical issues

I am getting the four channels that you said were scrambled. (They are FTA)
How did you get the channels on your receiver? Did you download a channel list, manually enter them, or what type of scan did you use?

Fabulous, at least we can eliminate that one. Any additional settings I could be checking? I really appreciate any input here.

Quick thought, I'm probably wrong, but check your LO frequency. If you accidentally changed it after scanning the first time, you could be locking to adjacent TPs, and the channel PIDs won't be in that stream.

It's a long shot, but in the absence of a better idea at the moment ...

You should reload factory defaults on the box. Then input your lnb info and rescan.

What version firmware is on it?

Ok, great. Please explain what a LO frequency is and how to check it. Not yet familiar with your acronyms. TP? PID? I did just do a factory reset and rescanned 97w but still same response "channel scrambled".

Ah.. then you don't really need to worry about what I said. Defaulting and resetting and rescanning eliminates my suggestion as a possibility.

Look for a channel called "Russia Today" and see if it shows scrambled. If so hit the info button (maybe one or twice) to show more information. Also hit the OK (or select) button and see if you get a channel list that shows more information about the channel. See if you can sort by "CAS" using one of the colored buttons. If you can, try to figure out what type of "CAS" is listed for Russia Today.

I just checked ABN and it is definitely not scrambled, but it would be interesting to know what encryption your receiver thinks is in use.

Also can you list what information your reports on channel ABN or Russia Today? There should be a frequency / polarity / symbol rate information that looks somewhat like this (for ABN): 11966 H 22000

Last edited:
you stated Dual FTA linear LNB. What setting are under you dish settings. Is it set to 10750?

Ok, I found it. Here are the settings for Russia Today:

Audio Frequency: 22.05 kHz
12152, H, 20000, 3/4
LNB Freq: 10750
Switch: none
Video PID: 110
Audio PID: 120
PCR PID: 110
TXT PId: 8191
F

Hope this brings any kind of clues. Thanks.

Also, you said you have the following for ABN:

11966 H 22000

I have:

12090 H 20000

for ABN. Hope that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts