97W channels scrambled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
on top of that, the last F on the screen settings means the channel is actually Free. the same happened to me after watching tv for a while on my CS 8100 and still I have no idea why. After powering off for a while I power it back on and it started working perfectly. this machines are computers and like any computer the live by the murfy's law , they sometimes do not work as intended for no apparent reason at all.

BTW, When the installer finished , where all the channels scrambled?, Or you scanned them in later by yourself?. Any how it seems to be software related, you could power down and wait or you could re-flash the factory sofware and see what happens.

Ok, did another factory reset and did the "transponder" search. The following transponder frequencies are listed:

The following were also "found" but the signal strenght was low or non-existant:

12122H2200

If this makes a difference to anything.

Yes, all channels were still scrambled after the installer left. I will try the power down, wait awhile and then power up idea. Anythings worth a try at this point.

How did I get the channels on the receiver?

I am getting the four channels that you said were scrambled. (They are FTA)
How did you get the channels on your receiver? Did you download a channel list, manually enter them, or what type of scan did you use?

There are six versions of scanning on the Captive Works CW-700S. The are:

under "Antenna Setting":
Auto
Network
Blind Scan
Transponder

under "Easy Tuning"
Fast Tuning
Auto Tuning

I have tried each of these in no particular order with same result so far. However, if you think it would be worthwhile to do a factory reset each time before I try it, by all means suggest it.

I got the feeling he had used up his entire knowlege base in this area when he left and couldn't think of anything else to try. I'm not happy about it but after trying five different companies, noone was willing to come work on FTA so the first person willing to at least come out and look, I didn't ask a whole lot of questions. I was happy anyone was coming.

I doubt that he has factory firmware in the Captive-works, I bought a known pirated receiver and it did the same to me it is waiting for a key. It even showed the Angel network and NASA channel as scrambled I reloaded the receiver and it works. But it still has pirate tracks in it. Some of the setup windows show, the signal and quality reversed. It weird seeing 70 quality with 0 signal strength.

cliffhanger, have you tried finding the original firmware for it yet and reloading (flashing) the rec? This might be complicated if you're a beginner,but it's really not that hard to do. Did you buy the box new, or was it used, ebay or what? Many of these used ones showing up now had been used to pirate pay-tv before Dishnetwork changed their encryption recently and shut most of them down. You should be able to get it back close to factory-state if you can reload the firmware, hope you have the cable!

I tried the shut down, wait awhile and restart option and voila, it worked. Thanks for all the help from yourself and all other posters. Next, a motor!!

97w scrambled

cliffhanger, have you tried finding the original firmware for it yet and reloading (flashing) the rec? This might be complicated if you're a beginner,but it's really not that hard to do. Did you buy the box new, or was it used, ebay or what? Many of these used ones showing up now had been used to pirate pay-tv before Dishnetwork changed their encryption recently and shut most of them down. You should be able to get it back close to factory-state if you can reload the firmware, hope you have the cable!

The receiver came Fedex with CaptiveWorks itself as the sender and I bought it as new. So, I suspect it actually is new. Suggesting I reload the latest software is a good one. My understanding is download from website, put on thumb drive, stick in receiver and use the update software command on the receiver itself??? Yes???

I have a CW800s. Sometimes on my unit I have had to change the factory settings of the LNB on the original scan screen. Such as LNB 1 2 or 3. Blast A B or C. Each time you change to another LNB position watch your signal meter for the best strength. You may have to scan several times to get the channels to work exactly as you want them to. My unit had the wrong settings for Satmex 5 KU. I would scan and find 32 transpomders, but could not get any programing.
I'm not an expert, but with trial an error I now get 33 stations on Ku Band and 70 on C Band.
I believe it is probably a "setting" problem. Iceberg told me to keep trying, and It finally worked.
Good Watching!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)