AzBox Premium Plus HD question

wbarrett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Jensen Beach, FL
Has AzBox stopped all non-open source development on this box? I am running 5309 factory software but only see talking (complaining about more like it) RSI, Enigma and the like.

===
Bill

Has AzBox stopped all non-open source development on this box? I am running 5309 factory software but only see talking (complaining about more like it) RSI, Enigma and the like.

===
Bill

Yes it was made official that Opensat has finally came out and said they are no longer going to support the old style firmware such as the 5309 factory firmware.
All new firmware will be open source and it will take some time before that gets anywhere like what people have been used to..
So just hang on and wait till something is made that will actually enhance the receiver.
As it is now, they are still a long ways off.
Not the best business decision IMO but this is what happens when you have one person handling the firmware with all the knowledge of it then getting into a tizzy and that person leaving the company.

what happens when you have one person handling the firmware with all the knowledge of it then getting into a tizzy and that person leaving the company.

This is incorrect. The issue was that Opensat never had access to the source code for the "factory software" as it was proprietary to Celrun, the manufacturer of the AzBox hardware and they were the ones actually doing pretty much all of the software development on this firmware. As Opensat wanted to be more involved in software development and not have to rely on Celrun, they decided to create a brand new software called AZtrino instead which is based on the open source NeutrinoHD software. Being open source, anyone who has the knowledge may create a custom version of the firmware if they wish as we are currently doing here as AzBox Canada with AZtrino and Android for the new AzBox Me model.

As of now, we still recommend people with AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium HD and Premium HD+ receivers to keep using the current 0.9.5309 firmware. Once the foundation for the AZtrino firmware currently under development is a bit more mature for the above mentioned receivers, we will create an AZtrino North American edition for these which should make it a lot easier for use here in North America.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Powersurge, has Opensat abondened all efforts to fix the Permanent Lockups on YouTube? I have a AzBox Premium Plus and it has been locking up on YouTube for 3 months now. Your reply would be much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts