AZBOX AZBox Recovery Procedure for a box locked up in booting/checking/loading

SUCCESS
Using the 0.9.3877 FW did the job.
I'm setting up the box again right now, but so far it looks good.
Thank's for your help a quick response.
I apriciate it a lot.

Jesper aka Mr_Rothberg

Jesper,

Hey, that is very good news to hear! That really makes life a lot easier when it works out that well.

You might proceed with the recovery procedure for your future knowledge (you don't need it now, of course) but it isn't very expensive to get set up with all the stuff you need and it is a good training exercise for any technically orientated AZBox owner. It is actually kinda fun just experiementing with it. If you follow the recovery procedure that I posted, you shouldn't go wrong. I used and copied the procedure from those that I gave credit to, so it is the identical procedure, I just reworded it and streamlined the process steps to hopefully make it easier to follow. There were some specific European notations that many of us over here in the states get a little confused over. As with all things, there are often a few translation troubles. Hopefully you won't ever have to utilize the recovery procedure, but if you acquire the electronic devices and the software programs, you will be better armed for the future.

You are using your AZBox a little differently than I (or most of us here are) by applying it to cable TV, but we can assist if you have other questions. We might not have all the answers right off, but we can usually help you dig them up in most cases.

You should register at this site if you have not already: Login

This will take you to the official OpenSat "bug reporting" and discussion forum. There are specific rules to follow here regarding how to report a bug, but they seem to be quite lax on the rules. I try to adhere to the rules when I have a very specific question or bug report, but often the folks are just discussing free style. Between that forum and ours here, you should find a lot of information to make your experience with your AZBox much more valuable.

I hope you enjoy it, Jesper!

RADAR

Hi Radar,
This post is really useful for me. First I would say thank you for your tut. However, I got a little problem in the end. My azbox got stuck in booting sequence, I have followed your tut step-by-step carefully and have succeeded through the entire process. But after update, the box is failed during the booting process. It got "Error : Internal , code = ffffffff"; Here I put the pic.
failedbooting.png

What's wrong then? I guess the recovery file is bad or there is something else? FYI, the recovery file I used was Kernel 344.

Hi Lange,
Thx for the response. As I stated I used kernel 3.4.4. And actually I used two tut to recover my azbox, one is from Radar and one is yours. Thx a lot.
But alas in the end I still find error. Oh yeah, I used file that is packaged together with your tut, so I guess the file is right.

darkCoklat,

From all appearances, it looks like all your hardware is in good shape. You were able to communicate past the point where my first failed AZBox was, I never got to the point of recovery with my failed box as it was a physical hardware failure and I had to send the box in. Evidently you have a corrupt Zboot file, but is the error message telling you that the resident file is bad or the recovery file is bad, I am not sure on this. If you can get on line with the tech support from OpenBox, you can detail the error and they will explain it better than I can.

You will have to seek their support group with a little investigation. Currently I just don't know what that URL is.

RADAR

Lange:
I got my box messed up when I was trying to install Open PLi image using AZUp2-2-7. I am not sure about the kernel version, but yes, I did check the "Copy Kernel" option. Say, If it's true I tried the 2.6.x kernel, can my box still be revived?

Radar & Lange:
Where do you get kernel 3.4.4 file from? Maybe I could get some clues from there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)