azbox remote control by mortimer login trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BattleOP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I am tying to use the AZBox remote control by mortimer software to control my AZBox. The problem is that if I enter my root/password combination into the Remote Software I get:

Connecting to 10.10.10.5:23...
AZBox login: root

Password:
Login failed...

However if I use putty to Telnet or SSH to the box using the same root/password combination I get right into the box.

Any ideas?

It's enabled. That's why I can telnet / ssh from Putty but when I try to connect using the remote software I get an invalid username/password error.

It would help to know which azbox and what firmware your using so what I am going to say is just a shot in the dark.

If your using the Ultra or Premium/plus azbox with official firmware then first make sure ALL your network settings are enabled.

SSHD = enabled
FTP Server = enabled
File Server = enabled
Dynamic DNS = enabled
Telnet Server = enabled

Now for most programs I have seen, (I have not used the one you mentioned)....
FTP Port = 21
Telnet = 23
Login = root (all lower case)
Password = azbox (all lower case)

Try this and see if it works.

oh, make sure your internet connection with the azbox is setup properly too.
(just trying to cover all the bases for you)

I started with 9.5306 and upgraded to 9.5402 on a Premium HD+ with all services enabled. It didn't work before or after the upgarade. I had also changed the root password from the default and made sure I was using the same in both places. Using Putty it works, the remote control it does not. I changed root back to the default azbox password and it still does not work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts