AZBOX AzBox startup scripts

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Has anyone figured out how to run a custom script at start up on the AzBox (I have the elite HD model)? I'm trying to mount an NFS filesystem off a linux media server and it works if I SSH into the azbox and manually run the command "mount <server IP>:/path/to/data /DATA/movie" but of course every time I reboot the AzBox I have to log into it again and re-run the command manually. Is there a way for me to automate this process so my command runs at startup every time?

If you are running versions 5400 or 5402 (available at http://fw.azbox.ca/) then you can accomplish what you want through the plugin included in the firmware (Priority Manager V1.8 by Buyukbang). Or you can download the plugin separately (don't have a site offhand, try google).

View Settings in the plugin shows what is active and what is required. The file you would need to edit to change parameters is PriorityManagerSettings.txt in /DISK2/etc

Yes, when editing PriorityManagerSettings.txt, you first need to change NFS_MOUNT=0 to NFS_MOUNT=1 and then configure your server parameters accordingly. You will then be able to toggle your NFS mounts on or off using the "Toggle NFS Mounts" option in the PriorityManager GUI.

With the miniMe American Edition, all parameters are directly configurable from the GUI under Settings -> Network -> Edit network shares using your remote control. Manually editing a configuration textfile is not required in order to configure network share mounts with this model.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I have a AZBox Premium HD+ fw 0.9.5306, I kinda have the same situation except it is with recognizing my local network. Every time I want to access my local network I have to jump through hoops and ladders to get it to see the local workgroup. I have it set in the "File server" section to the correct workgroup. But, when I go to the "Play Video" section and select "Network" half the time it only shows "MYGROUP", and this does not exsisst on my network. After trying different things including rebooting several times it will finally show the correct workgroup name and I can access all of the computers on that network to play media files. Is there a way to get this to see the correct workgroup all of the time with out the hassle and frustration???????
Thanx

Last edited:
I had that problem with an earlier version (network data getting lost). Hasn't been an issue on mine for a few versions now. I deleted the priority manager plugin and it seems more stable too. I'm using 5402.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)