AZBOX azbox changes limits

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Anyone know why the Azbox would change the limit settings after I manually set them? I didn't have this problem when using a TBS DVB card (which is unusable now due to a mobo crash&burn). I could just disable the limits but they could end up being a major problem.

A glitch that was never fixed by a firmware update. It sets the limit when finishing a scan. My work-around was to turn off the positioner before scanning a satellite to prevent the limit set.

Reactions: KE4EST
A glitch that was never fixed by a firmware update. It sets the limit when finishing a scan. My work-around was to turn off the positioner before scanning a satellite to prevent the limit set.

I'll have to give that a try. As I recall, that would have to be done on every sat to be scanned.

Yeah like Magic Static stated it was a glitch that was never fixed.Disabling the limits is no big deal as long as you have ur stops set correctly in the actuator.But why in the world would you want an AZ to blindscan?..It is very accurate but it`s like watching paint dry!..

The Azbox Elite and Ultra are back ups. The HTPC died so I had to revert back to the Ultra. Besides, I never was able to get blindscan to work with the TBS DVB card. So, I'm missing a lot of stuff out there when using that card. But, I've ordered a new mobo and quad core i5 and memory. Anyway, I'm not happy that support for the Ultra has been dropped, also. I have tried enigma but it was difficult to use.

Also, it's interesting how different the scans from one receiver to another have different results. For example, the DVB card couldn't find Heros but the Ultra can.

Reactions: Hockeynut
The Azbox Elite and Ultra are back ups. The HTPC died so I had to revert back to the Ultra. Besides, I never was able to get blindscan to work with the TBS DVB card. So, I'm missing a lot of stuff out there when using that card. But, I've ordered a new mobo and quad core i5 and memory. Anyway, I'm not happy that support for the Ultra has been dropped, also. I have tried enigma but it was difficult to use.

Also, it's interesting how different the scans from one receiver to another have different results. For example, the DVB card couldn't find Heros but the Ultra can.
Now that there is no Opensat you are not missing anything for updates with the Ultra or the Elite..I beat up the AZ for blindscanning and it is by far the slowest ever!.But it is very accurate.( 5020 or 5309 are solid )..These AZ`s were ahead of there time with all they can do and still to this day I keep a couple in my system.Only if they could do H.264 4:2:2 and 16,32APSK...Other than that these are bigtime classics very useful to this day...Maybe just get a cheapo receiver johnny and use the loop out from the AZ to blindscan?..

Yeah I change the settings in mine also but still it`s the slowest blindscanner of any FTA receiver I have ever used.Even cheap 25 dollar china receiver is much quicker than the AZ.
Well comparing a seven year old receiver to a new one really isn't fair as the tech has changed so much.And you obviously never owned a Neusat 9000 HD,it could take an hour or two to do a blindscan,and it was only DVB-S.:biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts