Azbox storage

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Is there a new way to format USB thumbdrives? The manual that I downloaded talks about deleting and formatting partitions but deleting partitions aren't deletable with the latest, stable, firmware. Also, the Settings menu shows 4 partitions on the thumbdrive when there is actually only one.

Is there a new way to format USB thumbdrives? The manual that I downloaded talks about deleting and formatting partitions but deleting partitions aren't deletable with the latest, stable, firmware. Also, the Settings menu shows 4 partitions on the thumbdrive when there is actually only one.
I would use a computer to format the thumbdrive for now. I haven't quite gotten there yet with the new AZBox, but someone else might have an answer. There sure is a lot to absorb...the editor and all. I'm just now figuring out how to get the motor control to work right. :eek: You are probably way ahead of me.

Johnnynobody,

Allow your PC to format your USB thumbdrive in FAT32 system. This way your AZBox and your PC will both be able to identify this drive just fine. No partitions (but one).

RADAR

Since The Last 4 Are 5 firmware Updates I have Not Been Able To Record To My Thumbdrive. I Am On 4110 Now.Anybody Else Having This Problem.

I can record to the hard drive I have set up but on a side note I cant get the hard drive to format to fat32.....only that NFTS then the azbox cant record. I have to reformat iut in linux

I can record to the hard drive I have set up but on a side note I cant get the hard drive to format to fat32.....only that NFTS then the azbox cant record. I have to reformat iut in linux

Google for a program called fat32format.exe or fat32format.zip

I've run into similar issues with my XP computer not wanting to do a fat32 format on hard drives, and this program has worked fine.
Once formatted, the XP computer works fine on the drives.

my thumbdrive is formatted to fat 32 now when you try to record something it shows like it is recording but it puts nothing on the thumbdrive.this is the same one i use to use before putting newer firmware on. i have tried 3 different thumbdrives with no luck.

I have good luck using HP USB DISK STORAGE FORMAT TOOL. I had been using Swissknife, but have had problems with the larger drives so switched to the HP tool. The tool is SP27608.EXE A google search will bring up numerous sites to download it.

I have also had issues in where I had to format the device on the computer for I can read the files latter on the computer. (please note that this is with a GEOSat PVR and not an AZBox)

Last edited:

I use a free program called gparted (live cd). Works great.
Just boot your computer to the cd and format you drives or external USB's to what ever you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)