Azbox streaming

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I'm wondering if wifi 802.11n @5GHz would improve streaming. Are there any usb wifi adapters available for the Ultra and Elite? I've tried streaming on 802.11g @2.4GHz but the streaming is choppy and the audio is out of sync.

Actually, all AzBox HD models including the Elite, Premium, Ultra, Premium Plus, Me and miniMe American Edition have full support for the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter which supports "B", "G" and "N" networks. However, the adapter only works on the 2.4GHz band so you would have to configure your "N" wireless router to operate on 2.4GHz in addition to the 5GHz band.

If you have a Premium or Premium HD Plus, you will need to remove the internal WiFi card in order to make the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter work as the receiver only supports 1 wireless adapter at a time. This is an easy way to upgrade the Premium and Premium Plus to support connecting to "N" networks as the internal card that comes with the unit only supports "B" and "G" networks.

Most of our authorised dealers carry the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter.

Actually, all AzBox HD models including the Elite, Premium, Ultra, Premium Plus, Me and miniMe American Edition have full support for the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter which supports "B", "G" and "N" networks. However, the adapter only works on the 2.4GHz band so you would have to configure your "N" wireless router to operate on 2.4GHz in addition to the 5GHz band.

If you have a Premium or Premium HD Plus, you will need to remove the internal WiFi card in order to make the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter work as the receiver only supports 1 wireless adapter at a time. This is an easy way to upgrade the Premium and Premium Plus to support connecting to "N" networks as the internal card that comes with the unit only supports "B" and "G" networks.

Most of our authorised dealers carry the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter.

ebay has it but the shipping is almost as much as the product - I'll "pass". DrSat requires a login so I'll pass on that also.

If you are in the U.S., you will get much cheaper shipping from StarOne Satellite as they are also based from there and would ship USPS. They do carry the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter as well.

Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to hardwire my Azbox premium HD+ direct to my pc with an ethernet cable (No Router) I want to stream form the box to VLC on my pc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)