AZBox Ultra and FEC??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I've been going in circles now for quite some time looking for an explanation as to why my AZBox Elite wouldn't lock certian TPs on 91w. The Ultra and S9 boxes would lock those TPs with zero problems but the Elite would not. Well, today I finally found the problem. Seems that my Ultra is assigning the wrong FEC to those TPs when I blind scan with it? The TP and SR are pretty much dead on but the FEC on several of those are off and that was the reason my Elite wouldn't lock them. What I did was blind scan with the Ultra on my 10ft Winegard dish then transfer the channel list over to the Elite, which is connected to the 7.5ft SAMI. Obviously this isn't working very well at this point.

So question is, why is the Ultra scanning the wrong FEC in, and it's not just one TP either? It's several! :confused:

Last edited:
Mine does the same, don't know why, but I would assume that something in the firmware makes a mess of it, and therefore doesn't display it properly. But you would think that transferring it to the Elite (which has the same basic firmware) it would work the same way, but that would be too easy!

Well, that Ultra is doing the same thing on both dishes, not just the Winegard so that pretty much rules out the LNBF setup unless this is something that is related to DMX-741S LNBFs as both dishes have those.

Ennywho, now that I know what the problem is it will make it easier to deal with it in the future rather than just bitching and whining because of it. ;-)

Well, that Ultra is doing the same thing on both dishes, not just the Winegard so that pretty much rules out the LNBF setup unless this is something that is related to DMX-741S LNBFs as both dishes have those.

I first noticed it with some of the PBS transponders on 125 (Montana, especially, when trying to get it to work correctly, still trying!). I just did a random check on my various LNBs and satellites, using Sathint and Lyngsat (and they don't always agree on the FEC rate, by the way). Some are correct, others aren't, and it doesn't matter whether they are DVB-S or DVB-S2.

IIRC, I have seen others say (whether on this site or others) don't trust the AZbox FEC rate.

Ennywho, now that I know what the problem is it will make it easier to deal with it in the future rather than just bitching and whining because of it. ;-)

That is what I have found with the AZBox, once you recognize what the "quirk" is, there is usually a workaround.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)