azbox ultra v azbox premium plus

manikm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Hi US guys. i was just wondering, i can get a azbox ultra for £170 or a premium plus for £250.

I dont care about dual tuners, or wifi but do want blind scan, 4.2.2 , usals, hdd, network.

Does the ultra cover all bases and save me money?

Should i wait for azbox me?

Thanks all

Last edited:
Hi US guys. i was just wondering, i can get a azbox ultra for £170 or a premium plus for £250.

I dont care about dual tuners, or wifi but do want blind scan, 4.2.2 , usals, hdd, network.

Does the ultra cover all bases and save me money?

Should i wait for azbox me?

Thanks all

I see your in the UK. There are some channels that several of the folks in the UK have said they can not get due to the DOM and some have tried changing it out, but their success rate is not very high.
With the new AzBox ME's coming out it may be a good idea to wait. Even though it is not yet out nor proven what it will do, it appears from the specs that it may be well worth the 30 day wait until it is out on the market.
With that said, back to your question.....
The software is the same for the Ultra & the Premium Plus so it will do the same blind scans and 4:2:2 signals. The major difference is that the Premium has a front panel display along with WiFi. The Azbox ME is said to have a front panel display also. You would not believe what a difference this makes. I'm not downing the Ultra in the least, I just don't want you to spend £170 and then see the new receiver come out in a month that may give you much more bang for your pound.

The hardest part is the waiting.........

I have one of the new AzBox Me's on order already, and plan to test it out as soon as it arrives.
I even have the hard drive for that one when it gets here. :)

yer im gonna wait for the me, i think id be a fool to buy the plus now after all this time, & theres no point in me getting the ultra as it doesnt have usals.

the big question i guess with the new me is if it will do 4.2.2 - if not, then it looks like ill sell my premium and get a plus.

i love the hobby aspect of these boxes and being able to blind scan and pick up 4.2.2 is very exciting in my opinion.

the me does have a front panel display ive seen the youtube promo.
_YouTube - ?AZBox Me - Discover Me, the beginning of a new generation.?‏

hopefully the high bit rate feed recording issue might have gone away too with the me.

I live in France and have the Azbox Premium. I have no problems at all in getting channels from 57°E to 24°W (35 satellites) including 4:2:2 feeds. I have motorised system with a 1.10 m antenna. I cant get further west because of a wall in my garden. I use USALS only and am always spot on with strong signals. However, the software blindscan is slow and of very little use. I use Kingofsat and life feed plugin to enter the TPs manually and get some fantastic feeds daily.

i know the premium, and the premium plus has usals mate, i was talking about the azbox ultra.

they had left off, Usals from the spec on their website....DOH!!!

i have emailed them, they might update it, who knows, but yes, i now know the ultra can move a dish.

ps, im not sure what u mean about blind scanning on your premium? it is only available on the premium+ (plus)

cheers!

pps - why do people tell me the ultra is aimed at the US market? why? a sat is a sat no.

ps, im not sure what u mean about blind scanning on your premium? it is only available on the premium+ (plus)

cheers!

pps - why do people tell me the ultra is aimed at the US market? why? a sat is a sat no.

None of these receivers were made for the North American market. In fact we were an after-thought. These receivers were first made for Europe and the South American market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)