AZBox ???

ishare

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
I am looking into trading all of my receivers,(pansat9200hd,Pansat2700,2700clone, 4dtv 922) for sale or just trade out to 1 receiver to get all. I hear the AZBox receives and translates several different video formats. Can anyone confirm for me all the video formats this receiver "WILL" decode, 4dtv?, FTA?, 4.2.2 ?, ect. is this the receiver I am looking for to hook up to a 6ft. mesh C/KU with dish mover? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanx

AZBox wil only do DVB & DVB-S2, 4:2:0 and 4:2:2, in both HD and SD.
It will not do DVB 8PSK, or any DCII, and does not have an ATSC tuner.
It has issues recording some HD signals.

Is there any DVB 8PSK up ther?

Assuming you mean trellis, isn't that what FOX and CBC and that Canadian Movie channel use? Hard to keep track of such things since I don't have receivers that can do it. I do see HUNDREDS of signals though, that I can't lock with ANY of my receivers, so I've always assumed that many of those were the trellis 8PSK, but maybe not?

I believe it can do 8psk. check out amc 1 tp 1200 ku forget the frequencies right now NBC east and Cenreal HD feeds I have been watching them with my AZ elite My motor and system down right now for upgrade but you can confirm freq, on lyng sat.

Grampaw

Scott Greczkowski said:
Is there any DVB 8PSK up ther?

It would be neat if it did do DCII.

So far I havent found a box better then the AZbox.

That means it is better than a pansat 9200hd with addon dvb-s2 kit?

I have all hooked azbox to do those 422 feeds and i got the pvr working good, it took a few months(i don't have a lot of time to play with it) to get figure out and i love the azbox prem. it is an easy box to work with once you know how to operate it.My 4dtv 920 move my dish and have to change H/V polarity (thought about lnbf but to much invested in lnb's and 920)920 can still get channels and free promo's like right now one is going on. My pansat 9200 hd does the blind scanning in which azbox does not unless you have tp's in system and you will be putting a lot of tp in by hand.And if you like to sub you can>i would think of keeping pansat 9200hd the 922 and get a azbox and spilt it all togetherAnd bepends on if you have and lnb(which 922 you'll need) or an lnbf (922 not needed) your choice. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts