AZtrino 1.75 - North American edition for AzBox ME

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Version 1.75 of AZtrino North American edition for AzBox ME is now available for download on our website at AzBox Canada :: Official Canadian distributor for AzBox products under Support.

It includes the following enhancements:

- 1080p and 1080i NTSC resolutions have now been fixed
- NTSC is now enabled by default when installing the firmware or even after a factory reset!
- EST timezone selected by default
- Numerous blindscan fixes, now works on C-band 5150 and Ku-band 10750 systems in addition to Universal 9750/10600
- Added support to specify start and end frequencies for blind scan
- Added support to specify polarisation for blind scan. Either H, V or Both are available as options
- Added 22Khz Tone option to specify if 22Khz should be on, off or be switched automatically for universal LNBF's
This is just temporary for now as we will have this parameter controlled automatically based on antenna setup in future versions
- Under TP scan, changed frequency and symbol rate fields to 5 digits instead of 8
- Fixed cosmetic bug where 2/3 FEC rate was being displayed as 3/2

Please let us know if you have any issues in regards to this new firmware version.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I didn't have much success with scanning in channels. It would Blind scan some channels, but at the end displays no channels found. When I used Satellite scan it found and display the channels fine. When I switch Channels especially HD from one sat to another the video freezes and there is a loud distorted noise that lingers until a hard reboot is done. C-Band Frequencies start from 9800, even though I chose my setting like this:
5150 system with 22Khz off:
LNB low band frequency: 5150
LNB high band frequency: 5150
LNB switch frequency: 4200

Scan Range: Low = 3600 High = 4200

* I read on another site that the Aztrino Ver. 1.75 has been updated since I last downloaded my copy 2 days ago. Is this correct?

Our apologies, you will need to re-download and reinstall the firmware as there was an issue with it when it was first uploaded which has since then been corrected.

Our apologies, you will need to re-download and reinstall the firmware as there was an issue with it when it was first uploaded which has since then been corrected.

I will get rid of the old download and get the new one. Thanks for the support!:up

Version 1.76 is out. So, PwrSurge, what improvements were made to AZtrino 1.76 - North American edition for AzBox ME

This is what I observed testing Ver. 1.75:

This is my test on version 1.75, as I haven't tested Ver. 1.76 yet. The channels freeze when changing from one satellite channel on one orbital location to another, followed by a loud distorted sound. I scanned 125.0°W (AMC 21) KU Band, even though, the transponders were logged in, AZBox ME displayed only 2 of 14 FTA channels, but all encrypted channels about (66 of them) were displayed. Can we have an option to scan for FTA channels only?
The scan on 30.0°W missed a lot of North American targeted beam channels, only 26 or so were displayed, but transponders were present on the transponder list all with very good signal Quality.
On 99.0°W G-16, C-Band, the beginning scan range has been fixed, yet it logs in (KCWY TV) 3776 H, 3255 SR, as a blank but no name is displayed for ID as a result you can't see video or hear audio. It's also missed a few channels. Video clarity is impressive

There is a problem with the Horizontal scan on a Universal LNB. I have just scanned 24W with the AZtrino 1.76 and it has found 12 channels, but with AZtrino 1.6 it found 34 channels. No channels were found in Horizontal low band with 1.76.

There is a problem with the Horizontal scan on a Universal LNB. I have just scanned 24W with the AZtrino 1.76 and it has found 12 channels, but with AZtrino 1.6 it found 34 channels. No channels were found in Horizontal low band with 1.76.

This is now fixed with version 1.77 which is now available. Please upgrade and let us know how it works out for you.

Regards,

PwrSurge

This is now fixed with version 1.77 which is now available. Please upgrade and let us know how it works out for you.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Just loaded the new patch, and it seems to be just fine, found all the Horizontal low band, no problem, Great work!

In a future release, a FTA only option would be nice, but I'm sure you will be working on that. Great support guys, thanks.

Just loaded the new patch, and it seems to be just fine, found all the Horizontal low band, no problem, Great work!

In a future release, a FTA only option would be nice, but I'm sure you will be working on that. Great support guys, thanks.

It works good.But when blindscan finishes aztrino reboot and sometimes signal lost so i have to reboot the ME or if i am lucky,change to another sat to have signal back.Sometimes if you blindscan 2-3 sats in a row blindscan freezes.

And a suggestion
If it is possible to have channels by frequency or when blindscan finishes to have the new channels at the end or somehow to create a list with the new channels
I dont know if it is already possible to do these

Thank you for all the hard work

I still get loud distortion sounds and fatal video freezing when changing between channels. I have to reboot AZBox Me to clear the issue.

Last edited:
It works good.But when blindscan finishes aztrino reboot and sometimes signal lost so i have to reboot the ME or if i am lucky,change to another sat to have signal back.Sometimes if you blindscan 2-3 sats in a row blindscan freezes.

And a suggestion
If it is possible to have channels by frequency or when blindscan finishes to have the new channels at the end or somehow to create a list with the new channels
I dont know if it is already possible to do these

Thank you for all the hard work

Yes, I also get the freezing of the tuner, and have to reboot, mind you this is a much better attempt than 1.7 Europe version..awful!

I still get loud distortion sounds and fatal video freezing when changing between channels. I have to reboot AZBox Me to clear the issue.

I also experienced this from time to time as well during development and we are still testing to find out what causes this. The loud distortion sounds like FM white noise when you are not tuned to a station right? What I know so far is that it usually only happens when using 720p resolution so try using 1080i or 1080p display resolution instead if your TV supports it.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I also experienced this from time to time as well during development and we are still testing to find out what causes this. The loud distortion sounds like FM white noise when you are not tuned to a station right? What I know so far is that it usually only happens when using 720p resolution so try using 1080i or 1080p display resolution instead if your TV supports it.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
Right and sometimes with a high crackling noise. I have my HDMI set to 1080i, so I don't know why that happens. This happens when I switch from one channel to another.

Flashed it twice, blindscan gets stuck in a loop so will keep downloading the same transponders over and over again. When I did get it to download any channels, the box does not allocate it a channel number so a soft reboot is required to watch anything, much worse than 1.6.
I only hope the file they have uploaded is corrupt in some way, otherwise it'a a big step backwards. 1.77 is much, much better in my opionion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)