BabyFirst TV switch to BabyTV. Anyone know what happend?

Looks like FOX owns both channels hmmm BabyFirstTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BabyFirstTV is a commercial-free premium satellite television network aimed at six-month-old to three-year-old children. It is owned 30%, 40% by Regency Enterprises and 20th Century Fox. Guy Oranim and Sharon Rechter created BabyFirstTV in 2003.

Great. Even better. Its a lose / lose situation.

Sure seems odd to change a item people specifically sign up for without asking for input... (And now those same persons apparently choose to rapidly drop!) Weird, doesn't seem logical nor good business...

Sure seems odd to change a item people specifically sign up for without asking for input... (And now those same persons apparently choose to rapidly drop!) Weird, doesn't seem logical nor good business...

Yes, no notice or scroll or anything? Is the programming gone, did they lose the rights. Is it the same channel just changed names. Very strange there is no press release or any communication.

Is it DISH, or the programmer making this switch?

edit - it was DISH (par for the course)

Found a notice posted on their site, see below.

Last edited:
DISH subscribers message

DISH subscribers message
A Message to Dish Network Customers

Dear BabyFirst Friends and Family,

We want to start by thanking you, our loyal and beloved viewers for all your support - we truly appreciate it.

We are working hard to bring BabyFirstTV back to you on Dish as soon as possible, likely on a different channel number.

I will keep you updated - Expect good news! As a token of our appreciation, we would like to offer you a free DVD so you can keep watching the channel you love.. Please call 310-442-9853 or 1-888-251-BABY today and ask for your free DVD.

Sincerely,

Sharon Rechter, Co-Founder

Seems like Dish cut this channel off without BabyFirst's knowledge, but it could be back very soon.

Call Dish and cancel the new crap, and ask for BabyFirst TV by name!!!

Looks like FOX owns both channels hmmm BabyFirstTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BabyFirstTV is a commercial-free premium satellite television network aimed at six-month-old to three-year-old children. It is owned 30%, 40% by Regency Enterprises and 20th Century Fox. Guy Oranim and Sharon Rechter created BabyFirstTV in 2003.

Looks like WIkipedia is wrong...surprise.....

Here is the investor page on their website. No mention of FOX anywhere.
About BabyFirstTV

Looks like WIkipedia is wrong...surprise.....

Here is the investor page on their website. No mention of FOX anywhere.
About BabyFirstTV

here ya go BFTV Corporate BackgroundIntl (its Hidden)

BabyFirst is backed by three distinguished investment groups includingRegency Enterprises,
which is part of the Fox Entertainment Group and News Corp;BellCo Capital, LLC, a private
fund located in Los Angeles; and Kardan N.V., a leading holding company traded in the
European stock exchange.

juan said:
here ya go BFTV Corporate BackgroundIntl (its Hidden)

BabyFirst is backed by three distinguished investment groups includingRegency Enterprises,
which is part of the Fox Entertainment Group and News Corp;BellCo Capital, LLC, a private
fund located in Los Angeles; and Kardan N.V., a leading holding company traded in the
European stock exchange.

....and there's the problem. I'll take Dish's side (or anyone elses) when murdoch/newscorp is involved!

Never watched either of those channels.However Dish carries or carried them and they should have given advanced warning to people who subbed to babyfirst.Thats just wrong to pull a switch with no warning at all.I was affected by the HD distants and although it was AAD that should have warned us ahead of time how hard would it have been for Dish to scroll a message before the plug was pulled?If it wasn't for satguys everyone would be completely clueless as to whats going on.Come on Dish what do you stand to lose by letting customers know of disputes and the potential loss of channels beforehand?

When you have kids, come back and tell us how that went, OK?

I can tell you without having a kid. I was set in front of the TV as a kid, and then struggled all throughout school while being diagnosed with ADD. I still struggle to this day. Sorry if I offended you, but to me, it is an important issue. I just wanted to get information out to make an informed choice. Your parenting decisions are up to you.

I can tell you without having a kid. I was set in front of the TV as a kid, and then struggled all throughout school while being diagnosed with ADD. I still struggle to this day. Sorry if I offended you, but to me, it is an important issue. I just wanted to get information out to make an informed choice. Your parenting decisions are up to you.

No kidding. Like I said -

When you have kids, come back and tell us how that went, OK?

and no offense taken, but until you've walked a mile in those shoes......

I'm with you, yaz96. I find it funny that the couple of people complaining that these channels shouldn't exist don't have kids in the first place.

Anyway, my kids love BabyFirstTV. I may be canceling because of losing Absolute anyway, but this channel will be missed. And BFTV actually has tips for a 'healthy TV viewing experience'.

For all you naysayers : Tips for a Healthy TV Viewing Experience