Back in the loop....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I've finally settled with my girlfriend in Pompano Beach, FL and we got the dish back up. (yay!) So....I've been looking at my receivers and realizing what dinosaurs they've become. Is there or will there be a unit (other than the Azbox) that can do what is needed these days? Again, I've been out of the loop for so long and haven't read any recent receiver reviews. That being said....something with HD, blind scan, and S2? (other than the CS 8100HD).

4:2:2 would be a bonus but we can cross the bridge when we get to it. :)

Just as Anole suggested, you can't go wrong with those choices he mentioned up there.

Long time no see, Techno!

The microHD from SatelliteAV would easily be my first choice as well.

Not as much 4:2:2 these days, but plenty of HD and S2 feeds!

There's still some 4:2:2 up there. Usually it is SD feeds; as HD has been becoming more common, 4:2:2 has been diminishing. The microHD will record a 4:2:2 stream, but can't display it. Since a PC will play the recorded stream perfectly, it really hasn't been much of an issue to me.

Whatever you buy make sure that the video out will work with your TV as most of the newer receivers only have HDMI outputs. THAT is the main reason I'll keep my Openbox S9s well into the future as they have component outputs as well as HDMI. I still use an RF modulator because of a Hatachi 50" projection TV and that only has component and RF inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)