Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Back on the arch I am!!!! Up and running. Couple of things.. 1st, I don't get why people say you have to be BOTA (Balls on the Arch) with this dish. Its a fantastic dish and my signal levels are very good, also it wasn't that hard to point, given the fact that I was pointing with a spectrum analyzer and knew where on the arch I was. I think a lot of guys/gals out there, their issues stem from maybe not knowing how to point correctly or recognize where on the arch they are at.

I have the dish set at .32 as that is the closest do the dish's F/D ratio I could get too. It's having very solid performance with my ortho and I'm not having any issues pulling in anything from AMC3.

I did notice that the motor is loud on this dish and think I need to service the motor and lubricate it. I have no idea how to do that, so if anyone can let me know, I'm all for it.

The PVC adapter mount worked awesome. I had to sand a bit to get it to fit on the pole. The PVC adapter said it was 3" but it measured 3.5" ID and 4" OD and was bought at menards.

Here are photo's for all to see. If you have any questions fire away. I'll be promptly rescanning the entire arch for the rest of the weekend! Happy Spring Break! :)

Edit: I also used three pvc pipe connectors all the way through the enitire upper portion of the mount, not one as pictured.

IMG_0200.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0190.JPGIMG_0184.JPGIMG_0186.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0202.JPG
pencil.png

Last edited:
Looks great! Did you drill through the PVC so the bolts contact directly into the steel pipe? If not, that dish will spin like a top in a strong wind.

Nice job! Thanks for the inspiration to get mine done. :)

What ortho feedhorn did you use for your Pinnacle?

That is exactly what I had in mind using.
Got the Chaparral dual ortho c-band feedhorn & modded multiswitch from stogie5150. Have 2 8515s on hand to complement.:D

Hello Gents
Regarding the Chaparral dual ortho, I have one of them and it did not come with instructions, if you look inside you will see the first probe, mine has a plastic cap over it, is this cap suppose be off?, should i take it off?.
please let me know.
thanks in advance
chewie

Hello Gents
Regarding the Chaparral dual ortho, I have one of them and it did not come with instructions, if you look inside you will see the first probe, mine has a plastic cap over it, is this cap suppose be off?, should i take it off?.
please let me know.
thanks in advance
chewie

Leave it on...

Originally Posted by K9SAT

I'm firmed up!:)

good lord I hope you accidentally added a letter...but if you didnt thats something you say to your wife, not a bunch of guys on a message board ;)

This just shows what a satisfying hobby this can be for both or he is just hard up for satellite TV! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)