Back with Directv!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes I'm quite happy, Wife isn't happy about not having prime time anytime anymore, no sirius XM channels but I'm sure she will adjust. I am impressed with how fast it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too would like to see the Sirius Xm channels back, but dont expect It any time soon.

Another difference is that the HR34 locks up all the time and the guide displays is very, very, very slow. Basically, it's the worst receiver of all the new DVRs they have in the last few years. I have one, so I can speak. Refuse it!!!

Fact. It's laughable that they call them the same.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Fact. It's laughable that they call them the same.

That is what a rep was trying to say that there was no Difference between the two. Even the tech said the HR-44 is a better box.

Yes I'm quite happy. Wife isn't happy about not having prime time anytime anymore, no sirius XM channels but I'm sure she will adjust. I am impressed with how fast it is.

Since I started using Pandora a few years back I ditched Sirius XM. As a music listener the sound quality of Sirius was a little challenging & I use podcasts & Tune In Radio to supplement the non music programming. All this for free! I currently even have a Sirius free trial subscription in a new car I got & can count on one hand the amount of time I've used it. The Sirius Travel Link, their gps add on program, is not bad though, might worth keeping.

But have your wife use the Pandora app, I think it's a better replacement. The app on the Genie is not bad either.

I'm very happy with my HR-44. The client not so much but I will change it out for an HR-24. The Genie is pretty cool.

I'm about to switch from Dish to Direct. Are the PIP and fast forward functions on the Genie as good? I'll probably miss the 30s skip. Glad they got SEC, but if they got Pac12 (which seems highly unlikely) it would be an easier decision. I'll enjoy NFL games though.

Directv has a 30 second skip feature. In the search menu enter 30skip and then hit exit. It will change the slip to skip.

I'm about to switch from Dish to Direct. Are the PIP and fast forward functions on the Genie as good? I'll probably miss the 30s skip. Glad they got SEC, but if they got Pac12 (which seems highly unlikely) it would be an easier decision. I'll enjoy NFL games though.

Directv has a 30 second skip feature. In the search menu enter 30skip and then hit exit. It will change the slip to skip.

You can change to whichever one you prefer, the Slip is default and the skip is available as Chip mentioned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)