Backfeeding SD Output from a Directv HD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aufox

Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Iowa
I'm considering switching to Direct and after looking at their receivers I wonder if it would work to use component outputs into an RCA CRF940 modulator to backfeed the SD output to a second tv. Can someone tell me exactly what the hookup would be for this? Thanks in advance.

First of all that modulator takes composite inputs not component.

You can backfeed as long as you aren't using Ka sat signals.
Use a diplexer on each end.

You could run composite cables to a second TV but it will be tuned to the same channel as the first tv. Composite out from the STB to the modulator and coax to the 2nd TV. I'm assuming that your second tv doesn't have composite in, if it did you wouldn't need a modulator.

What if the run was 40 feet? Would the composite cables carry the video signal that far without degradation?

I've considered this type of hook-up, also. Since it's only me, I could just get a RF remote for my H-21 receiver and use it in the distant room when I'm in there.

What if the run was 40 feet? Would the composite cables carry the video signal that far without degradation?

I've considered this type of hook-up, also. Since it's only me, I could just get a RF remote for my H-21 receiver and use it in the distant room when I'm in there.

This is what I'm going to do. I will be using a modulator to convert the composite into vhf/uhf to back feed it through the cable to another room. I only have the one coax in the wall installed when the house was built and don't want to put any more holes in the wall. I plan to use an rf remote, as well.

This is what I'm going to do. I will be using a modulator to convert the composite into vhf/uhf to back feed it through the cable to another room. I only have the one coax in the wall installed when the house was built and don't want to put any more holes in the wall. I plan to use an rf remote, as well.

A $15 modulator will work perfect for what you are trying to do. This would duplicate exactly what DISH's 622 and 722 do. You don't need a diplexer or anything else as I understand you want to send the tv signal from your D* receiver on a cable that is already run to another room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acquiring guide data )help)

variable audio from D* receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)