Backup to remote failed

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I did a backup on my upstairs HWS today. No problem. But on the downstairs, it fails. I replaced the batteries. Failed. Reset system, try again. Failed.

What else can I try. BTW I noticed it said there was no backup available, yet I know I've done it before.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thank you.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

On my 722k's I had to place the remote directly on the IR window of the receiver to get it to synch. I do not have that problem with the Hoppers.

Unlink and relink the remote
Couple of days ago I tried to backup a new remote control from my garage to the its paired HWS in my Great room. Kept failing so I brought the remote inside to the HWS location and it still failed with the remote only about two feet from the antenna. So took the remote back to my garage where it belongs and said the hell with it since I have seven other remotes that are paired to that Hopper and they all have recent backup dates. Next day I checked the garage remote and it had backed up by the auto backup system. Go figure. Next time I have a remote that is being stubborn with the backup wizard I will try to un-pair and then pair the remote. Good tip lucky86.

Could someone post a link to info re how to backup remotes?
I can not find it in the Hopper manual and my upgrade installer had no clue how to do it.
TIA
Caroline

Reactions: dukiebluedoc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)