backyard theater

I'd say keep it.
First, you didn't pay too much.
Second, I don't think it is a good idea to move a hidef projector. It is better to be kept stationary.
Third, you must have earned enough brownie points by now to keep both...:)

How to sell the idea: What if lamp dies? We need something while waiting fo the replacement bulb...
A hidef projector bulb (if you want to buy two) can be more $$ than you get for the 330.

Diogen.

okay new screen with blackout material ( curtain stuff) I got it from a fabric store...total cost for wood and screen material 25 bucks! here it is in action, a lot better!!!
IMG_20100725_190101.jpg

54 by 96 for a 110 viewing area....my pictures look like crap because its off of my cell phone I will get a really good picture for you guys...my black levels are too black but I think this will be a great football/ fight setup...until I can upgrade :)

54 by 96 for a 110 viewing area....my pictures look like crap because its off of my cell phone I will get a really good picture for you guys...my black levels are too black but I think this will be a great football/ fight setup...until I can upgrade :)

There's no such thing as black levels being too black. What do you mean?

yes there is lol, when your projector dosent have the brightness to push out the detail, black on the screen is really black, meaning I cant see anything...its just a matter of finding and adjusting my levels..I am just picking on my old projector as its not a "true hd" projector....trust me Jim I am very happy with this setup.....My son woke up this morning and asked what happened to the tv on the wall as I had taken it down to make adjustments :)

edit: okay after changing some settings it is a VERY nice picture, the blacks look good now, I found a thread online where someone put what settings to use, plus factory reset it and then do the new settings, it has made a world of difference AWESOME setup, just need something with hdmi and I am SUPER SUPER HAPPY!!!!

Last edited:
yes there is lol, when your projector dosent have the brightness to push out the detail, black on the screen is really black, meaning I cant see anything...its just a matter of finding and adjusting my levels..I am just picking on my old projector as its not a "true hd" projector....trust me Jim I am very happy with this setup.....My son woke up this morning and asked what happened to the tv on the wall as I had taken it down to make adjustments :)

edit: okay after changing some settings it is a VERY nice picture, the blacks look good now, I found a thread online where someone put what settings to use, plus factory reset it and then do the new settings, it has made a world of difference AWESOME setup, just need something with hdmi and I am SUPER SUPER HAPPY!!!!

be sure to share this info with me....write it down, if necessary...please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts