Home theater & 4K/UHD frustrations!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He has the same tv and player as me, the X800 runs to the 940E perfectly with everything put on Auto.
Of course this is only valid if the firmware on all of the involved components are of the same revision. Many problems are "worked around" by patches to firmware rather than actually fixing the root cause.

HDMI cabling is a disaster of epic proportions. I really wish the industry would switch to a connection scheme that does't have so many modes for failure (or at least had some method by which to pinpoint where the failure might be).

He has the same tv and player as me, the X800 runs to the 940E perfectly with everything put on Auto. The Sony outputs UHD in 12bit, which could cause issue with the HDMI cables.
I spced out on the disc choice, and that's the leading candidate right now. However, just because its the same model doesn't rule out his being a lemon.

I got the Monoprice cables today. Hooked up everything and got same results. Firmware is up to date on all devices. I'm thinking it is the the Fifth Element UHD movie. I will buy a newer movie and try that out. Watching Longmire on Netflix through my AppleTV 4K and looks great including the sky in daylight scenes.