bad 4dtv unit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

malady

Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
get 100 signal, 99 quality, pic is black and white rectangles or none or searching or info not available. what else can it be?

Are you sure you are tracking correctly?

malady said:
get 100 signal, 99 quality, pic is black and white rectangles or none or searching or info not available. what else can it be?

Is your 4dtv replacing something else....where you are sure you were correctly on the belt. Those high signals can also be caused by simple noise if not on a bird!

The 922 has a more sensitive tuner section than a 920 (have them both) and I have seen the 99-100 SQ on my 922 when not correctly tuned! (drove me nuts until I got used to it!)

If you are sure you are correctly zeroed in...check your settings..like LNB type etc before asumming it is bad...Did you get it new or used...is it a 920 or 922?

jeff

I'm not familiar with your problem, but here's a few simple things too try. I'd unplug it and plug it back in, you might even unplug it for a period of time say a half hour, and then plug it back in. You also might call your programming provider and have them do a rehit. If neither of those work, and you're sure all your settings are correct, you might try a master reset. I'd do the master reset as a last resort though, as you'll have to reprogram all the satellites which is a real PITA.

malady said:

Is your analog coming in loud and clear? does this thing you describe look like a split screen? if so that is a problem with the unit, a unplug replug 3-5 times in a row fast may fix it but it will always come back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)