Bad audio sync (622) on NBC Heroes (9/24) ?

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
Anyone else have miserable audio sync on Heroes last night? (4-5 seconds off at the start)

Mine finally "caught up" (or got close) half-way thru after a bunch of 30-second skip-aheads (I watched at 10pm, just after the recording finished). This was on my 622.

Mike

Things went bad about 20 minutes into Heroes and stayed bad through Journeyman. It wasn't Dish as I was getting the problem OTA via my TV's ATSC tuner. The sound level was low and motion looked like frames were being skipped. Naturally, commerials looked good and were very loud.

I did noticed a that the video was out of sync with the audio. It was little, but it was there during the entire show.

Mine is off as well on the LIL, but it is only about a second off, not the 4-5 seconds the OP cited. I don't doubt it was a WNCN problem for me as they really do not seem to have the first clue what quality broadcasting is in any sense of the phrase.

Ted

Chuck was WAY off... like 2 seconds and then Heroes was off but corrected itself about half way through the show.

What gives with this?

Yeah noticed that too but it seems to happen more on NBC than other locals and it happens on OTA sometimes as well. Which I think in some cases it must be on the local channels end.

Yeah noticed that too but it seems to happen more on NBC than other locals and it happens on OTA sometimes as well. Which I think in some cases it must be on the local channels end.

It's an NBC problem. I get it OTA every now and then. NOT a Dish problem!!

I have DTV, and same things happens on PQ, when there is fast action on that channel I get pixelation, its NBC's fault, they should get fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)