Bad conversion Fix due out this week

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a 922 whose S/N begins 0428127. The alternate conversion went smoothly on the first try. I have EMM 4160, new programming, the guide, and have been getting hits.

>>4DTV Online has learned that if your 922 has a serial number of >>0428126085005406 or later you may have conversion issues.

Phew, mine starts with 0428126186, its a return unit from repair through Motorola/Worldwide Digital/ATS ( i think they just sent out refurbished units, not actually having repaired my original) for what it's worth.

After I changed my GI DSR-922 battery I found that I had to re-hit my receiver to get the guide back. I didn't need a re-hit for my SyFy sub, just the guide. Before and after the battery change, I've had situations where pressing the GUIDE button on the remote caused the TV display to go blank for almost a minute and I couldn't exit or "go back". I don't know if this has something to do with the conversion issue or not.

Has anybody heard anything as to whether Motorola has made any changes at all? I've been working with a fellow who couldn't get his receiver to take a hit, but within the past couple of hours, everything converted fine. He didn't do anything different, but it suddenly started working. Maybe there was an issue with the authorization centre that only Motorola could fix?

I heard the problem was on Motorola's end. I don't have any confirmation (been busy all day and away from anything satellite) but I'm hearing a few reports that things are working now. Let's see what people report. My inside contacts at Skyvision has been too busy to reply I guess.

Conversion problems should be fixed!

It is confirmed through inside sources that Motorola made a bunch of changes today (1/10) to resolve conversion issues. Starz and Encore should be working too. So go try again those that had troubles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)