Bad experience with Hopper receiver in Puerto Rico

omarpr

Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
PR
Hi, After an 4 hour installation and setup by the dish installer on 4/10/12 the receiver upon starting up freezes in the local PR channels fox, nbc, abc (all SD no HD service of locals inn PR). If i change the tuner to these channels the image freezes or i get no image and the only way to get the receiver working is to perform a hard reset and after waiting the 3-5 minutes for the system start up as soon as i get the channel back i need to change it to another channel or will freeze again.
Also any recorded programs in the dvr from these channels will cause the same problems and I recorded a movie from Starz Hd and upon hitting the play button on the dvr section it also froze. I noticed also no ESPN 2 HD today. I called Dish twice and did the routine (unplug X 10 seconds ,test device, etc).They will send a technician to see whats going on. I only have 1 hopper no Joeys and Im very pissed about this. Any similar experiences or reccomendations. The signal strenght is 90-93% .

--- are you using DP lnbs & DPP switches connected to the solo node? - if it's a DPP44, ports #2 & #3 are connected to the solo node? - post more info about the installation: wiring, switches, lnbs, nodes, splitters, even if the node was terminated with an F terminator, everything used ---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)