Bad Fan on 622 receiver

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Has anyone had the fan go bad on a 622?

Mine is still working, but every so often the fan bearings sound like a bicycle with playing cards in the spokes. The sound goes away after about a minute, but it makes me think that the receiver might fail sometime soon. The maximum temperature is 138, which I don't think is terrible.

The sound you hear is when the fan is actually running. 622 fan only runs if the unit overheats or at reboot, 99.9% of the time it is not running.

No, I hear the fan running quite frequently and can feel the airflow.

The extra sound that I hear is definately not a normal fan sound. I will try to record it at some point.

Well here is an mp3 of the sound. I could not get a good recording, there is a lot of background noise.

The recording makes it sound like a pop, but it is actually more like an electric pencil sharpener for a second or two.

Attachments

• 622.mp3
    105.3 KB · Views: 145
I recorded it with my laptop. The recording quality is very bad. The sound is actually about the same as my daughters battery powered pencil sharpener. It is happening more often now, about half the time.

Thanks, I put a small 120V fan pointed at the receiver and haven't heard the fan try to start and rattle since. If the average temp drops, I will probably try the usb fan in the thread you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts