Bad HDMI Cable???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My 65" smart 4ktv will get snow when I switch to the cable input. I do not have cable or anything connected to that input and I get snow when switched to that input, but a black screen on all HDMI inputs when no cable is connected. Maybe the tv reverts to cable input when turned off.

For what it's worth, I have seen the HDMI input on a computer monitor (i.e., no TV tuner) go into "old-timey TV snow" when the HDCP handshake doesn't negotiate right off the bat. Unplugging and re-inserting the HDMI cable usually fixes it.

It could be your TV doesn't like the 15 foot HDMI cable. Is it possible to move the Hopper 3 closer to your TV and use a 6 foot HDMI cable? While it's true HDMI cables either work or don't work, sometimes there are borderline issues with length, especially with the higher signaling rates used by 4K.

For what it's worth, I have seen the HDMI input on a computer monitor (i.e., no TV tuner) go into "old-timey TV snow" when the HDCP handshake doesn't negotiate right off the bat. Unplugging and re-inserting the HDMI cable usually fixes it.

It could be your TV doesn't like the 15 foot HDMI cable. Is it possible to move the Hopper 3 closer to your TV and use a 6 foot HDMI cable? While it's true HDMI cables either work or don't work, sometimes there are borderline issues with length, especially with the higher signaling rates used by 4K.
I've seen the same thing on Joey 3's during the setup process. And same, too, is pull and rep[lug the HDMI cable

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I do not have cable or anything connected to that input and I get snow when switched to that input...

Speculating here. I'll bet that TV still has an NTSC tuner, as well as the ATSC tuner, and you are looking at genuine bonafide snow just like the good ol' days.

Reactions: samuelrock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)