bad install, Dish wants money for repair.

sl6t9 said:
-DISH HOME PROTECTION 5.99

and since i had dish home protection, shouldn't the $49 have been $29 anyway? i smell something fishy. douche network needs to clean themselves up.
Why have home protection; it makes everything more complicated and you still have to pay for everything. :confused:

Bad deal about your install.

Maybe run an ad in the local paper to provide a little "free" advertising for the installer. :)

I can't believe that even an idiot would install a dish on a basketball pole, let alone that Dish would back up the install! HMMM

Dish isnt backing up the install but there are more than enough idiots out there that put these systems in and it was done by a sub.

Van said:
My experience with the homes in florida is that all of them are stuco and your limited to facia mounts. The problem with facia mounts is that they angle in towards the house at the bottom or are short or both so the installer has to modify the mount hardware to get it to work. Its possible that even though you didnt want him to mount it where he put it at that it may have been the only option but without pics theres no way of telling.

Not grounded and hanging, no wonder why I get signal loss durring rain. I need to support that one dish so it doesn't lose signal as easily.

dishoutside.jpg

Last edited:
VinceT3 said:
Not grounded and hanging, no wonder why I get signal loss durring rain. I need to support that one dish so it doesn't lose signal as easily.

dishoutside.jpg

As a HIGH END custom installer. I simiply cut off the opposite corners of the mounting "feet," so that at least four long screws can be driven into the wood with no down overhang. In California, Arizona, and Florida, rafter facia caps are fastened at right angles and tilt inward toward the house. I gave a wedge that I used to cut with a band saw out of redwood to fit under the mounting foot to make the mounting surface plumb.

It's just one of those things that you WILL NOT get from a low ball fulfillment installer.

You will also have problems with no cable entry drip loops.

miguelaqui said:
I guess it's OK to go around signing things without reading what you are signing!!!

The same thing happened to a friend whose wife signed after the tech had run only one cable to a 921 and cut an underground cable while burying the cable to the post. She should have checked to make aure it was working correctly....isn't that what the paper says?....I ran the additional line

However, people complain and want Dish to have the tech come back out after completing a customer-approved job.

People who complain about that stuff after signing should learn a lesson before signing anything else.

What a stupid way to look at things why do you think everything is being manufactured over seas now cause most American take no pride in how they do things or how they treat people grab the friggen money and run.We deserve everything that happens to this country if we do not change the way we think and act...

miguelaqui said:
I met a retailer in Richmond,VA who used FLOODED rg6 for underground. Digicon connectors. Times Fiber coax; not some Chinese stuff. Real #10 ground wire to the dish.

The DNSC does not come close!

THAT GUY SHOULD BE MAD AT HIS WIFE, NOT THE INSTALLER!! If Dish's policy is that, when the paper is signed, the install is OK, then they should enforce it.

I like the dish in the basketball post..Especially, if it is connected to the pole, not the goal itself.

I disagree with you the wife should be the one to blame, 90% of peoples do not know what is a qualify installation is, all they know are when their TV showing picture and the job is done. However, the installation work should has a 90 days warranty.

well, the first thing is that that dish doesn't even look like an E* dish to anyone who knows what they're looking for...it looks like a 24" single sat to me! I admit...I didn't look at it that close until someone else pointed it out!!

This entire thread might be a prank!!!

If not...yes, I agree, although we did it in cable all the time, the tech should have told the gentleman that he had to have his signature because it was his account.

When I did cable, someone over 18 just had to sign...but, when I worked for one company, they required an ID of the account holder and his/her signature...even for trouble calls!

I'm on the fence if it's a prank.... to close the deal I think we need to get Scott invovled with his E* contacts, get the guys account number, and see if this is true. If it's true, the guy needs some help from a higher part of the food chain anyways.

Until this is verified by Scott or someone else here with credentials, I won't believe it.

DEMAND A FREE SERVICE CALL IF YOU ARE UNDER 180 DAYS INSTALLED!!! THE RETAILER WILL GET BONED IF YOU CANCEL.
For more detailed answers to any Dish Network service problems, feel free to email me at thoffmann@weadock.net. I WILL help any DN customer who wants to know the truth about their rights and what they signed! Tom. ....Why, because I worked for one of the biggest retailers in the country, and I want people to know what they
can do.

I didn't place my inquiry in a forum as a hoax. I simply didn't know if I was responsible for paying a tech to fix my installation since my wife signed the work approval papers without viewing the job performed. Dish came out for free, fixed it and gave me a free month of service. The case has been closed and everyone lived happily ever after.

What a hoax..:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, and not to be rude, why would your wife sign a work order stating she was satisfied with the job without even seeing it?

The axe I have to grind is for the 500 some customers who get jerked around every month by my retailer alone. I would like to think that I can help somebody outside of our customer base. I still welcome service-related questions by DN customers who got screwed. I only tell the truth. My experience is deep in this industry. By the way, the "You signed off on it" thing is one of the ways retailers try to make you feel responsible for shoddy work their hacks did to your home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts