Bad IRD out of the box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Forts

Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Long story short... My H20 died so I went out to a local retailer and picked up a new in the box H21. Brought it home, set it up and I get the 'Welcome to DirecTv' stuff, as well as 'Your receiver is starting up'. It then reboots and comes up to the inital setup screen asking you to pick your language, etc. At this point it just seems to freeze. Nothing from the remote works, none of the front panel buttons seem to work and the power LED starts slowly blinking. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I get a bad receiver right out of the box? :(

*edit* I have found that I can do the 0-2-4-6-8 at startup and get it to take a download. But upon reboot, same thing. Stuck at the setup screen with a blinking led.

Also get a Outlet tester and make sure your power outlet is fine.. if you have other working receivers in the house try it there just to make sure there isn't an issue elsewhere. I have gone on numerous case management jobs where previous techs have rewired/replaced/new switches etc only to pop a $3 tester in the outlet to find out the ground on that receptacle is bad.

Bad IRD

I had the same problem, they sent me a new unit and all is well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts