Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
This seems to be getting worse. Daily email reminders I get aren't working. Some do, now most don't. I'll click and get a new tab in FF, but the page will be blank (all white) and the tab will have the URL, such as: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=240655 -Which is exactly what the link in the email shows.

The actual threads mentioned in the emails still exist, and I can still access them thru the forums. And, I noticed after making this post, I can click on the above link and it works just fine.

Am I the only one having this problem?

I'm getting a spate of these recently. It started in the Revue thread and seems to be spreading.

EDIT: I also note that the site searches are often "bouncing".

It was due to the fact that because of the DISH Network Satellite Outage we went from 1,500 online to close to 6,000 online... in order to keep the site running and available I had to turn vBSEO off last night on our servers. vBSEO is highly CPU intensive. By shutting it off the site was able to stay online even with 6,000 people online.

This is why the links were messed up.

I have just reenabled vBSEO, hoever in watching it I am amazed by how much resources that function eats.

It was due to the fact that because of the DISH Network Satellite Outage we went from 1,500 online to close to 6,000 online...
My issues with the Revue thread have been going on all week.

I guess I don't understand how or why the shutting down the vBSEO renders the links invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)