Bad LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T-man

Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking here reading posts for quite some time as a guest, but am in need of some help. I have a new 1 meter dish and .4db fortecstar lnb and cannot get any signal at all. I'm trying to pick up the florida channel on amc3 (yes I have a dsr406 DCII reciever). I've even tried to pickup other birds with no luck. (I've done all the normal troubleshooting, checking connections testing for voltage at the lnb, etc.) I've setup countless DBS dishes and a 3.8m patriot downlink before so I am no rookie.

Anybody know how reliable these lnb's are? All signs point to a bad lnb. Is there any way to check these units?

Thanks

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum :welcome

Usually LNB's don't go bad too often, and its always an idea to have a spare LNBF.

I know its rare for an lnb to go bad. I've seen some dbs lnbs with the protective cover compleately cracked off and everything exposed to the elements.

Unfortunately I dont have another FSS lnb just laying around so I was more looking to know if there's an easy way to test it to verify its operating properly.

If your setting has the satellite strenght show up, your LNB is not bad. For DIY trhe best bet is have a small Tv CLOSE BY AND stsrt from there.

The Fortec Star LNBF you are using is probably a universal model with a 9750/10600 L.O. For the DSR-406 you will need to use a standard LNBF with an L.O. of 10750. The forum won't let me post a link yet but if you do a google search for florida knowledge network dsr-406 you will find a link to a pdf file for programming the DSR-406.

I don't believe the DSR-406 can be used with a universal LNBF. It is a Motorola DCII receiver and I believe it will only support the 10750 L.O. on Ku. T-man will need to verify this though.

Thanks everyone, now we're getting somewhere. Yes the Fortecstar lnb is a universal model, and I had the 22KHz tone off, so it was operating at 9.75GHz LO. The DSR 406 doesn't have a setting between 9.75, 10.6, and 10.75, but I believe that if I turn the 22K tone on I will just have to change my IF frequency to 1448 instead of 1298 since I'm manually tuning anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)