Bad News For Dish

Check my opinions again? lol Ok, checking......nope, I still love my Dish Network system.

Same here.

There's a lot of good about Dish, starting with their DVRs. Some expect HD to be added constantly. And others are convinced they know the whole story, and are smarter than a billionaire. Others are convinced they deserve a free ride. Why disparage Charlie Ergan because he tries to put the best face on a bad situation? One that will likely be completely different in one or two years.

I'd hate to see this site deteriorate into nothing but moaning and complaining, often in illiterate terms.

We have a good system. Things, no matter how good, could always be better. The Buddhists are right: The curse of mankind is, "it's never enough."

So there is not a new dish, as Greczkowski is spinning? Jeez, now I sound like O'Riley. lol
You missed something again. With the new 3lnb in one lnb unit (as was shown in the picture), one only needs a small circular dish now. So you do not need a BIG dish.

You missed something again. With the new 3lnb in one lnb unit (as was shown in the picture), one only needs a small circular dish now. So you do not need a BIG dish.
Do you have a link to that new dish since I can't find such a thing, what I see is the same Slimline dish with the new LNB on it.

Marketing. Lots of marketing. Ruthless amounts of marketing. I've circular-filed dozens of letters from DirecTV saying they want me back!
I agree. And it has worked. Dish marketing sucks. Frank does nothing for them and he is annoying. The first Turbo HD adds and commercials were great. Too bad they did not stick with that theme.

Do you have a link to that new dish since I can't find such a thing, what I see is the same Slimline dish with the new LNB on it.
Here is all I can find, from a competing site.

SL3%20ODU%20LNB.jpg

DBSTalk First Look: Slimline3 ODU - DBSTalk.Com

Here is all I can find, from a competing site.

SL3%20ODU%20LNB.jpg

DBSTalk First Look: Slimline3 ODU - DBSTalk.Com

Thanks, I looked though the first 40 post in the thread and all I've seen is in the 1st post, "While I don’t have exact measurements of the ODU itself, from the material I do have, it appears to be identical in size and shape of the current Slimline. So for those of you (me included) hoping for a smaller lighter ODU, sorry."

I don't know when DK or Rad switched to E*, but gosh guys...you couldn't have picked a worse time. Did you get a really good deal on the installs or something? Free DVRs? :eek:

I know they are desparate to increase their subscriber base...but I thought you two would NEVER switch. It must have been a great deal...please do share!

Wow...:confused:

No way, only correcting incorrect information posted by the dish living DishVIP and then making sure DogerKing is also posting accurate information.

Thank goodness, and you two are just the guys for the job! lol...

Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

:D

Last edited:
There's a lot of good about Dish, starting with their DVRs. Some expect HD to be added constantly. And others are convinced they know the whole story, and are smarter than a billionaire. Others are convinced they deserve a free ride. Why disparage Charlie Ergan because he tries to put the best face on a bad situation? One that will likely be completely different in one or two years.

I'd hate to see this site deteriorate into nothing but moaning and complaining, often in illiterate terms.

We have a good system. Things, no matter how good, could always be better. The Buddhists are right: The curse of mankind is, "it's never enough."

You can post that every week here - please do !

People whined about all the following and they all arrived:

- USB External Hard Drive Support
- SciFi-HD and USA-HD (at one point, one might be excused for thinking that everyone on this site would be forever satisfied if those were added)
- Setanta Sports USA Channel (I watch this several times a week, and almost never watched "GolTV")
- HBO Suite in HD
- More Cinemax-HD channels for your penny per year

- and most importantly, about not having Local HD channels in dozens of markets which have now been added (everyone who gets their locals stops whining, leaving those whose channels have not yet been added - who are always enough for a constant whining noise here)

Some other minor requested things are going to happen over the next month too:
- MPEG2-HD channels being converted to MPEG4-HD
- External Hard Drive display using folders
- Learning Dish remote that stores receiver settings

There are certainly things worth griping about (such as audio dropouts on 720p satellite-delivered locals), but I think that a successful deployment of Ciel-2 will put Dish back into a position of having enough bandwidth to compete effectively.

Same here.

Navychop,
You're right. All I do is watch more programs in HD than ever while hours of programming are backed up on the DVR ready for viewing. This doesn't suck.

DISH could offer the HD feed of KWGN and KTLA to the Superstation subscribers. The feeds are already conus, but NO. Although Superstation subscribers may be small in numbers, offering these two channels in HD might attract additional subscribers. AND it is one offering Directv doesn't have.

Hey I called on this one and spoke to the ceo section and they said no way will that happen. Couldn't tell me why just said it wouldn't happen.

I have both Dish and Direct, Dish for 10 years Direct for 1. Direct does a lot of things better in most areas. Sure their boxes aren't as superior but that doesn't seem to be keeping customers with Dish.

Hey I called on this one and spoke to the ceo section and they said no way will that happen. Couldn't tell me why just said it wouldn't happen.

I have both Dish and Direct, Dish for 10 years Direct for 1. Direct does a lot of things better in most areas. Sure their boxes aren't as superior but that doesn't seem to be keeping customers with Dish.

Direct will need to make their single wire install standard before many Dish Subs considering moving. Last thing I would want on my roof is another dish to make three, double wires and in certain cases triple wires(double receivers inorder to use PIP) running to TVs throughout my house.

Direct will need to make their single wire install standard before many Dish Subs considering moving. Last thing I would want on my roof is another dish to make three, double wires and in certain cases triple wires(double receivers inorder to use PIP) running to TVs throughout my house.

:up

The single wire system is standard with all HD installs now.. At least in my area.. And I think in all areas now

A signifigant increase in price = less competitive = signifigant loss in subscribers = even worse subscriber numbers = even more price increases? That don't add up. They have to compete or get blown out of the water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)