Bad News For Hackers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:

Wow, I didn't realise that they made such a variety of FTA recievers. I
suppose it makes sense, since they already have the expertice with DVB-S
technology. I wonder if they would authorize one of these recievers
domestically. (FTA and Dish programming on a E* dual-tuner DVR system? Sweet!)

Dulley said:
It sounds like you know more then you are saying about the dark side I am a dark sider and give chuckie $104 a month and would say 70 to 80 % of the people on the dark side are subbed to dave , chuck or bev but also beleave that if they own
there equipment and the signal lands on there property just like any other signal it is theres

I have looked at stuff on "The Dark Side"

My hobby is programming in ASM.

I have looked at the card dumps that are floating around.

That is why I am so shocked that I have not seen any press release about Dishnetwork suing Kudelski.

In the current cards out there Kudelski disabled in ROM some on-die security features that prevent some of the more common attacks.

If Kudelski would not have disabled some of the on-die security features people would not be getting into Dishnetwork cards today.

In all likelyhood there would not even be hacked FTA firmware working on Dishnetwork.

"disabled in ROM some on-die security features" - sounds contradicted;
on-die features look likes HW security and doesn't related to SW, ie ROM.
Or I don't understand well what you did say.

Folks we are not here to discuss how it is done, just the fact that it is being done.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Folks we are not here to discuss how it is done, just the fact that it is being done.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Sorry for pushing the topic too far.

I am still just a bit surprised about the lack of action on Dishnetworks part.

Remember Dishnetwork has a lawsuit against NDS for the Nagravision 1 hack.
So I think you can understand my surprise that Dishnetwork has not takken a more proactive stance now.

I am wondering myself why the portion of the card that is needed to keep the card secure was disabled. It was done on purpose for a reason. Either Dish wanted it done or Kudelski did. Maybe they wanted to let the hack come out some to catch the ones that are doing it before using the other portion of the card. This may prevent the other portion from becoming discovered too soon before another card can be released. Maybe Kudelski wanted to disable it if they knew that Dish Network was not going to be using their services any longer and figured that there was no point in taking the risk of hackers figuring out that part of the card so that they could use that type of encryption for someone else. Maybe Dish wanted to disable a portion of the card to make some money on FTA or let people enjoy it long enough to put some money into it and lose before they enable it back. Who knows.

Security

Stargazer said:
I am wondering myself why the portion of the card that is needed to keep the card secure was disabled.

You should call Kuledski and tell them about the secure part of the card. It is apparent that they have NO clue of what they are doing.

Dish-Direc said:
Stargazer said:
I am wondering myself why the portion of the card that is needed to keep the card secure was disabled.

You should call Kuledski and tell them about the secure part of the card. It is apparent that they have NO clue of what they are doing.

Hey if Kuledski wants to call me and offer me a six figure contract I am more that willing to help secure their Conditional Access System.

Maybe Kuledski being a Swiss Company explains the hole in their security.
(ya I know that was a cheap shot...Swiss Cheese and all)

Dish-Direc said:
<skip> It is apparent that they have NO clue of what they are doing.

Are you serious ?
The MADE it ! They know everithing about the card's guts more then you and all members here.
But in a long chain before it come to us, someone overlooked a step of blowing the fuses. That's all about the buzz here.

I am sure that if they made the card then they know what they can and cannot do with it. They can't be that stupid.

Kuledski

Stargazer said:
I am sure that if they made the card then they know what they can and cannot do with it. They can't be that stupid.
If you look at Kuledski site, you will see that they are still locking up numerous lucrative contracts, even in the caribbean. How a provider would trust them with their security after this fiasco is appauling to me. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Death Torture???

Do you people own stock in these satellite companies. You all have such radical feelings about ripping off the poor rich guys. How about how these satellite companies have been robbing you all blind. I dont steal or hack free television but probably would if I knew how. I myself am tired of being raped by these scoundrels.

DTV SUCKS...............:devil:

pequerhead said:
Do you people own stock in these satellite companies. You all have such radical feelings about ripping off the poor rich guys. How about how these satellite companies have been robbing you all blind. I dont steal or hack free television but probably would if I knew how. I myself am tired of being raped by these scoundrels.

DTV SUCKS...............:devil:

Get this man a whistle. Raped...holy toledo I can almost picture the beat up pick up truck coming to a screach in front of your house. Two men burst into your home and take you against your will. You poor sore guy.

Its pretty simple. We havent been robbed, we havent been raped, we line up for it. We sign contracts and 2 year agreements for a service. If we dont want the service we dont HAVE to subscribe to it.

If you dont like the price and you dont like the terms...DONT call up the providers, bend over, and wait for the man in the batman suit to have his way with you and then cry about it.

Fishing....

I love to throw my line in the water. Especially when you hook idiots like the one I caught.

Good point - as much as we all hate the high price, we all do sign up though. I am guilty of this - I mean how much is too much? It is only tv for crying out loud! BUt like I say, I am guilty of this... I complain about the high price, and all I ever find to watch are old movies. BUT I keep sending in my money! Luckly, I am not under contract anymore. I actually ordered a FTA system last week, as there is a netowrk on there that is like TVLand, but they show the shows that I like, so will see how that works, and I might just downgrade dish to the TOP 60.

C,mon , if you guys had a chance to stick it back to the man.. you would... wouldnt you?
I bet D* is still sore from all the torture it got from a good pounding on the back side..:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :devil:

Last edited:
Stick it to the man.....

Now that sounds intriguing. "Stick it to the man..."
Im gonna go watch some cheap :devil: PPV movies. Real cheap. So cheap that I find it hard to see how im being ripped off. As for the righteous and more than holy.... Pay that bill on time or you will be looking for really cheap programming yourself. And you know what that curtails......

Have a wonderful day....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)