Bad News that looks like good news :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
sorry about the comp. bob, glad to see you are back up and running, it takes alot to do what you do, and I want to thank you for that!

on a side note; there is alot of anticipation for todays uplink isnt there? wonder whats coming down the pipe!!! I am excited!

We have 44 people watching this thread and all because the "UPLINK COMPUTER" died, yes there is a lot of anticipation for today's uplink activity.

Sorry to hear your PC died Bob. You should be able to get a good Motherboard + CPU combo. You should also get a nice ventilated case. Emachines cases are very small and there is not enough ventilation in my opinion thus the high rate failure in MB, CPUs, Power Supplies and Hard drives.

still no activity guys.... yea I added an extra case fan to the emachines case to prevent that... ( the unused option that emachines provides.) That is kind of funny when you think about it 44 people watching this thread because the "uplink computer" died... :) I guess my next step is trying to figure out what mother board/ cpu combo im going to buy... Im thinking top of the line but affordable in the same terms... something over 3ghz... maybe with dual cores.. somthing like the 360 has :) and abouts 2 gb of ram... would be a good start..

Why don't we all make a donation of $5 or $10 for the "New Uplink Computer Fund". Let's see 5 x 40 = $200. That should get you started with a nice MOBO + CPU combo.

RandallA said:
Why don't we all make a donation of $5 or $10 for the "New Uplink Computer Fund". Let's see 5 x 40 = $200. That should get you started with a nice MOBO + CPU combo.

I will go for that also get your paypal up and going goalie and im sure we can help out after all you are working hard and it shows on a daily basis and i Thank You, i look forward to the reports every wensday, first thing i do when i get home is look and see if they are up so a small donation to keep it going i will make the first donation just need to know were to send it.

P.S. I by all means am not promoting this just giving my responce to another concerned Sat Guys member and happen to agree. :D

you guys can do that if you want, just want to make sure I point out if you do so on your own goodwill, Goaliebob is not a sanctioned SatelliteGuys Charity. :D :D

But yes Goaliebob does a great job. His reports each week get better and better. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
you guys can do that if you want, just want to make sure I point out if you do so on your own goodwill, Goaliebob is not a sanctioned SatelliteGuys Charity. :D :D

But yes Goaliebob does a great job. His reports each week get better and better. :D
maybe he should be sattellite guy of the year!!!!! :p

I guess thats Scotts blessing :D Wow I never expected anything like this to turn out from a computer Dying :) Yes im not the offical charity :) and its up to you all if you want to dontate. After all I never asked :) But if you all want to feel free to. My papal Id is goaliebob99@nimdog.com Thanks for your support as That is the reason why I do what I do weekly... As you all might be able to tell this is a passion and a hobbie in one.. And im thankfull enough to have everyones support. Because with out you all Satguys is nothing. I think more props needs to go out to all the mods including scott for everything they do. Im just the uplink guy :) and a peion here. :) Thanks guys!

It's for a good cause. I understand that you're currently going to school so money is tight. You work very hard to bring us the uplink activity (staying up late) so I think is fair to at least help you get a new PC so you can use it for school and report the Uplink Activity. :)

You got mail from PayPal coming.

Yep still in school :) infact I was a bad boy and skipped class this morning.... (its what we like to call a blow off class) a class about making resumes.. But I got school tonight that I wont miss worth my life... Internet security. I love that class.

At least your college computer classes are USEFUL. When I went to college from 1984-1988 the computer classes were all about Fortran and Pascal programming (which were then useless 2 years later).

I went to Drew University in Madison, NJ. My class was the first to get issued computers (an Epson QX-10, a CP/M based computer with a godawful word processor called VALDOCS. We got Dot Matrix printers that used carriage-feed paper that you tore off at the sides and you could print only in one font. The only good thing was that they issued us new video cards in the first week of school that we were supposed to swap ourselves (the originals were flaky and epson provided replacements to the school). As a freshman I made friends in the all girls dorm by swapping them in exchange for a slice of pizza or a back rub. Nowadays they'd call it harassment.....

Hey, everyone knew me within a week at school.....

There was no Google, no internet. We had to go to the library and use something called the Dewey Decimal System to find our answers (shudder).

goaliebob99 said:
those were the days that I was in 1st grade :D Not to make you feel old or anything :)

You're only as old as you feel. Since I regularly listen to music from Nine Inch Nails to Enigma (and everything inbetween), play XBox 360, watch Kevin Smith movies, and all the other "juvenile" things that "grownups" aren't supposed to do, I figure that should do the trick.

My only "old-man-ism"..... I've given up cramming my expanding midsection into a pair of Levis. Going with the stretch waist Dockers at work every day, and giving up following the latest fashion trends (oxfords and khakis just about every day.... boring, I know).

Then again it IS nice having enough money to buy the toys I wanted when I was a kid...... (4 door sedan with 250hp engine -- An Olds Aurora, big screen hdtv with surround sound, etc.)

I have two laptops one with 2.4 GHZ processor the other with 3.06 GHZ processor. I have some old computers that were given to me that have processors of 166 MHZ to 566 MHZ (I used the 566 MHZ computer until I got my first laptop a few years ago). Boy is there a difference in the newer ones but I am glad that there is backup just in case my new one dies. Computers sure have dropped in price since I boug that 566 MHZ for $1,400 back in 1999.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)