Bad upgrade or has my Hopper gone nuts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Watching TV on the Hopper and something caught my eye. So I did like I have many times in the past and clicked on the skip back to look at that scene again. The unit did not jump back a few seconds like it normally has, it jumped back to the time I had turned the Hopper on. Which was about 1/2 and hour ago. That is not normal. It also went into pause mode. When I click on play, it jumps back to live TV. Not normal again. Same thing when I press the back button. It jumps the entire amount of time the Hopper has been on. I can not get it to back up to a point and then watch something over again. It jumps right back to live TV. Tried the unplug routing without fixing the problem. It just jumps back to live TV.
Is there a setting that I may have missed that for some reason has "changed" by itself?
RT

This problem seems to come and go on my Hoppers and Joeys too. Most of the time it works OK.

Have you tried leaving it unplugged like a half hour or maybe overnight. I have heard of that fixing things that didn't otherwise get fixed with a reboot. Just a suggestion.
Not overnight, just for several seconds. That did not fix it. But, plugged in overnight it must of got done with the "fit" it was having because now it is back working the way it should. Odd, very odd.
RT

I've had my 722K, 922 and Hopper all do it from time to time. I just put it down to one of those weird little glitches? It has done it both directions too. If I hit fast forward on a recording it will jump ahead 20 minutes, or it has gone backward 20 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)