Balcony clamps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopher2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
driving through nearby apartments, i noticed alot of people who's apartments face north or east that have a 8 or 10' pole clamped to their balcony railings. Of course they only have small DBS dishes, I am going to get the biggest dish allowed ( i think 1 meter? ). Since my railing is kinda wobbly, i am thinking about making a corner tripod. anyone do a setup like this? any tips or suggestions?

I am wondering since i renting a condo, does anyone think the association might take my pole down. For sure they won't let me drill into the roof, right? Im thinking the best thing to do is just put it up with out asking for permission.

Last edited:
So i guess im gonna try a railing mount
I bought a 10 foot long 1 1/2 dia electrical conduit to use as a post
I going to attach the dish to the 10' pole then to the railing with clamps
My condo is full of old people. Which is cool but it sucks at the same time...
I have to put my dish on a pole so it can see over the roof, no pole no dish :( I had my dish and 10' pole resting on my balcony for a few days and the old lady neighhbor she approched me and said i can have a dish but not a pole.... also i can't park backwards in my parking spot :mad:

Soooo mabey i should check with the condo association... or mabey just put it up....
any suggestions

gopher2 said:
So i guess im gonna try a railing mount
I bought a 10 foot long 1 1/2 dia electrical conduit to use as a post
I going to attach the dish to the 10' pole then to the railing with clamps
My condo is full of old people. Which is cool but it sucks at the same time...
I have to put my dish on a pole so it can see over the roof, no pole no dish :( I had my dish and 10' pole resting on my balcony for a few days and the old lady neighhbor she approched me and said i can have a dish but not a pole.... also i can't park backwards in my parking spot :mad:

Soooo mabey i should check with the condo association... or mabey just put it up....
any suggestions

Can't park backwards!!?? It's actually safer to park backwards. At my last job if the yard foreman found anyones truck not parked backwards you automatically went home for the day with no pay.

Yeah there a bunch of psychos here, i cant wait till i get a house with a yard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts