BAMA WINS !!!

Perhaps he at one time (or still does, cant remember) had family in the area;)

Is there a distance that once you pass, you shouldnt be rooting for a team anymore? I just dont buy that. My wife is a HUGE Red Sox fan. Has been her whole life. She has not once stepped foot in Boston, and cheered for them in the good and the bad years.

Where I come from you root for the local team. Period. Having a sense of pride in where you're from and where you live is a way of life. Supporting all things local goes along with that type of mentality. Of course not all people agree with me and that's fine.

Where I come from you root for the local team. Period. Having a sense of pride in where you're from and where you live is a way of life. Supporting all things local goes along with that type of mentality.
Yes and No.

I was born and raised in rural Georgia. Therefore I grew up a Bulldogs fan (rooted for Tech unless they played the Dawgs), and a Braves fan, as well as a Flames fan until they got stolen by the Calgary folks.

But I could never bring myself to root for the Falcons, just never liked them. Instead I always pulled for the Miami Dolphins.

Where I come from you root for the local team. Period. Having a sense of pride in where you're from and where you live is a way of life. Supporting all things local goes along with that type of mentality. Of course not all people agree with me and that's fine.

Generally, most will pull for the local team, and that is fine, but I see no problem whatsoever with being for a team from a different place. I dont see it as a lack of pride in your community either, but that may just be me.

I guess the closest university to me is Southern Miss or South Alabama. I went to both of them at one time or another, and while I will cheer them on, if either of them play Bama....ROLL TIDE ROLL! Its just who I grew up watching, been a fan ever since.

As far as pro sports go, not a huge NFL fan. I tend to follow players more than teams.

The closest NFL teams to me are the Saints, and the Falcons. If I HAD to choose one between those two, I guess the Saints, but I wouldnt consider myself a fan of either at the moment.

.......and 95,000 of her friends were with her at the first game.......a spring game!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could have went to that first spring game. Bama fans love their football.

And yes, that woman was D-R-U-N-K!!!!!!!!! Every school has em, and you see more of em in this day and age with the net.;)

Just saw this for all you Tebow fans out there. Its a must have!

20091209_tebow.jpg

:D

Just the ones with a real cruel sense of humor.

Oh I am sure they will sell plenty. Just as I am sure they would have sold plenty if it would have been another team besides Bama in the game that beat them and this shirt was still made.

Oh I am sure they will sell plenty. Just as I am sure they would have sold plenty if it would have been another team besides Bama in the game that beat them and this shirt was still made.
This is a fact - people are cruel when it comes to throwing their team's accomplishments in your face. You're not like that though Smitty...class all the way. ;) :)

And congratulations to Bama on their first Heisman winner - well deserved. You know, that's hard to believe that it's their first...Namath, Stabler, and all those talented players the Bear recruited. Seems that someone would have won it. Anybody ever close? :confused:

This is a fact - people are cruel when it comes to throwing their team's accomplishments in your face. You're not like that though Smitty...class all the way. ;) :)

And congratulations to Bama on their first Heisman winner - well deserved. You know, that's hard to believe that it's their first...Namath, Stabler, and all those talented players the Bear recruited. Seems that someone would have won it. Anybody ever close? :confused:

David Palmer was third I believe, and we have had a couple of fourth place finishers. Lee Roy Jordan and Johnny Musso. Also had a handful of fifth placers. Joe Kilgrow, Harry Gilmer, Pat Trammell, Terry Davis, and Jay Barker.

It is odd to think, but many of our outstanding players in the past have been Defensive players, and they rarely get consideration.

Thanks for your kind words:up I may talk a little good natured trash, but I generally try to treat others as I would prefer to be treated.

Ingram winning the Heisman Trophy was pretty damn impressive when you consider that before the season, he had some pretty big shoes to fill- Glen Coffee was a damn good RB in 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts