BAMA WINS !!!

People must have forgotten.

Ray Perkins was the Bama coach after Bear and left for the NFL. Bama fans were beside themselves. The same for Dennis Franchione when he left to go to Texas A&M. They could not believe that ANYONE could leave the Tide. The arrogance of Alabama has kept them in the dark for the most part (except 1993 national champions) since the Bear. Bama thought they could get just ANYONE and the "Tide would roll". Didn't happen. They had to break the bank to get Saban. Now they are on top but I predict the same arrogance will happen again after Saban leaves.

If Saban were to leave Bame for another team (NFL, college or high school) he would be the most hated man by Bama fans. If you don't believe me then you do not understand football here in Alabama.
Been around it my whole life.

Fran was a different situation. He left in the middle of the night to another college job.

I am sure there would be some pissed people if he left, no doubt about it.

I am just saying I wouldnt be one of them if he left us with the same circumstances that he departed LSU.

Thats possible, and I wouldnt understand Bama fans either, just like I dont understand most LSU fans. Again, assuming it happend exactly like it did for them.

If you ever get a chance to listen to the Paul Finebaum radio show (you can get it on the net on WJOX 94.5) you would understand where I am coming from. I have to sit here and laugh. It is very good comical relief how Finebaum "plays" the callers.

If you ever get a chance to listen to the Paul Finebaum radio show (you can get it on the net on WJOX 94.5) you would understand where I am coming from. I have to sit here and laugh. It is very good comical relief how Finebaum "plays" the callers.
Lol, yeah I have listened before. There are some real "winners" in the group:D

Good point. Florida is in the same situation, but you rarely hear anything being directed towards Spurrier that you hear when it comes to Saban and LSU...
You're kidding right? I suggest you visit a few Gator blogs and message boards. Spurrier =:rant:

...And Mccoy, I am not trying to generalize the entire LSU fan base here, just going off of the majority of what I have seen, and the LSU fans that I know personally.
No problem. I respect what you're saying. And I know exactly what you're doing. Have fun. You Bammers have earned it. ;) :)

You're kidding right? I suggest you visit a few Gator blogs and message boards. :rant:

No problem. I respect what you're saying. And I know exactly what you're doing. Have fun. You Bammers have earned it. ;) :)
I am not saying there is not some, I am just saying I dont see nearly as much as I do from the LSU camp in regards to Saban.

And its Bummers!!!! Get it right corn dog:p

Lol, Ill be the first to admit that we have some really out there fans.;)

Like this guy?

alabama_fan_cc.jpg

or this gal?

Alabama_football_pictures9.jpg

Awe, that's cute. Hey V*, you're Bama butt-buddy came to your defense! :rolleyes: ;) :D

PS, you're still a front runner. There's no other explanation for someone from VA to root for Bama in College, the Cowboys in the NFL and the Red Sox in MLB.
Perhaps he at one time (or still does, cant remember) had family in the area;)

Is there a distance that once you pass, you shouldnt be rooting for a team anymore? I just dont buy that. My wife is a HUGE Red Sox fan. Has been her whole life. She has not once stepped foot in Boston, and cheered for them in the good and the bad years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)