Cubs Win World Series!

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Got a USA today this morning and it looks like the Cubs finally win a World Series....

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445506987.121004.jpg

You know the Cubs cant hang there heads. They played well and got a great nucleus coming back. I think they need another ace besides Arrieta and Lester. Jason Hammel cant be it.

I always wondered how they can sweep in 5 games? Where they also predicting the World Series would be a best of 8, or did the writer know knowing about baseball?

I always wondered how they can sweep in 5 games? Where they also predicting the World Series would be a best of 8, or did the writer know knowing about baseball?
Back in the Chicago "Black Sox" days,they did have a best of 9 World Series,where you had to win 5 games to win the WS. Maybe the film director thought that the World Series would go back to that format in the future(back then).

Back in the Chicago "Black Sox" days,they did have a best of 9 World Series,where you had to win 5 games to win the WS. Maybe the film director thought that the World Series would go back to that format in the future(back then).

My bet would be that the writer knew nothing about sports.