Band Pass Filter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hookem99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
I am told this is used to block a receiver from 'seeing' shared DVR's in a MRV environment. If so, if one of these were installed at the dish, would it completely block MRV from working at all, or just cause havoc? Thanks!

I am told this is used to block a receiver from 'seeing' shared DVR's in a MRV environment. If so, if one of these were installed at the dish, would it completely block MRV from working at all, or just cause havoc? Thanks!

No. The MRV (DECA) network is isolated from the dish. In fact, a bandstop filter is built into the latest LNBs and should be added when older dishes are upgraded to whole-home DVR service.

No. The MRV (DECA) network is isolated from the dish. In fact, a bandstop filter is built into the latest LNBs and should be added when older dishes are upgraded to whole-home DVR service.

OK, so when the installer put one of these at my dish, when he replaced my LNB for the SWiM system, it should have no effect on my MRV?

I was having issues with recorded shows pixelating and pausing or just not finishing at all. A tech found a Bandpass Filter at the dish, removed it and said my problem is fixed, that it should not have been there. I am still having other issues related to SWiM/MRV so, not sure that did the trick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)