no recordings & season pass suddenly doesnt work

wx86

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
Tennessee
strange problem happens when setting the season pass for some shows. i have to keep cancelling and re-doing the season pass. for instance, dc stargirl. when the season pass is first established it says 2 episodes upcoming which is correct. then all the sudden the next day it says 0 episodes. i check the guide and sure enough new episodes are scheduled to air. i delete the season pass, go to the guide and set it up again for it to recognize the upcoming shows. same thing happened with ancient aliens on history channel. i have 8 season passes and they all work but those 2. i have it set to record new episodes only. any ideas why the genie does that? i have the hr54. sw version 1550

When did this start happening ?
just in the last few days. might be software update related. it always worked fine before.

in troubleshooting i did try a rbr which didnt help. i did a clearmybox and that didnt make a difference.

other than being software glitch, could a failing hdd cause this? maybe incorrect info coming from the guide data supplier?

just in the last few days. might be software update related. it always worked fine before.

in troubleshooting i did try a rbr which didnt help. i did a clearmybox and that didnt make a difference.

other than being software glitch, could a failing hdd cause this? maybe incorrect info coming from the guide data supplier?
If it was incorrect info from the guide supplier, it would have happened with everyone.

You could drop back to an older software version and see if that makes any difference.

If it was incorrect info from the guide supplier, it would have happened with everyone.

You could drop back to an older software version and see if that makes any difference.
1550 is the current NR. There isn’t anything to drop back to

i got the 159a software this morning. hopefully this fixes the problem. ill watch it over the next day or 2 and see if it keeps happening.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts