Bangor locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
In this photo you will see the outer range of the spot beam for Bangor Maine locals.. I've circled in red a town near Montreal .. Any chance I can still get locals that far out of the beam or is it literally a straight cut off point

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1430937943114.jpg
    1430937943114.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 186
Every satellite has a little wobble in the orbit. When you are at the edge like that, you may be able to get the signal, but the satellite wobble might be enough to lose signal for half the day. The other issue is interference from another spot beam on the same transponder.

Two thoughts, ask others in Montreal that have directv dishes - I'm sure if it is anything like my travels in Ontario there will be several - what locals they get.

If any doubt, use a NYC address and get the national beam locals from NY.

I am about 60 miles south of Saint Jean sur Richelieu. I have 82 for the signal of 103(s), tpn 1. Extrapolating the map into VT, I see that I am technically in the "service zone" for that spotbeam, unlike the town you circled; however, I think that would give me hope in receiving it. Are you moving there, "moving" there, or visiting there? Are you there now with a Directv receiver?

according to sat beams the transponder is b01R .. is that the same one ?? no I don't live there have a summer home

Attachments

• 1431078677774.jpg
    1431078677774.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 139
according to sat beams the transponder is b01R .. is that the same one ?? no I don't live there have a summer home

I don't know! lol

I was using the spreadsheet from DBSTalk that lists all of that fun stuff, I will copy the Bangor section below.

Network Calls Ch Transponder Satellite
NBC WLBZ 2 1 SW1 @103W 103S
CBS WABI 5 1 SW1 @103W 103S
ABC WVII 7 1 SW1 @103W 103S
PBS WMEB 12 1 SW1 @103W 103S
CW WABIDT2 14 1 SW1 @103W 103S
FOX WFVX 22 1 SW1 @103W 103S

Also, from that spot, you should have no trouble OTA with Montreal and Burlington/Plattsburgh locals with a modest outdoor antenna, if that interests you.

Those are the HD locals, if he is going to get anything it will probably just be the SD locals.

Bangor only has hd locals on 103. They are an mpeg4 market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts