banner ads in gude

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comcastsucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Is there anyway to get rid of the banner ads in the guide? By banner ad I mean those things that advertise how to use things like DVR scheduler..

The banner's in the guide are something that D* places.
There is no way to get rid of them....

There are no that I have seen today, they did have one up for the Tennis this past week and also often maybe for the Game Lounge.

Jimbo

The banner ads are attached to the channel below it in the programming guide. If you use a custom favorite list and the channel with the banner ad attached is removed from the favorite list, then the banner ad will be removed along with it.

For example there is a banner ad for the digital transition that appears above CNN HD in the programming guide. Remove CNN HD from your custom favorite list and that banner ad will disappear from the guide.

Last edited:
The banner ads are attached to the channel below it in the programming guide. If you use a custom favorite list and the channel with the banner ad attached is removed from the favorite list, then the banner ad will be removed along with it.

For example there is a banner ad for the digital transition that appears above CNN HD in the programming guide. Remove CNN HD from your custom favorite list and that banner ad will disappear from the guide.
But then you also lose the CNN channel (in your example), what if they want CNN ...

But then you also lose the CNN channel (in your example), what if they want CNN ...

Yes you are right, but I was illustrating a way to get rid of the banner ads but as you say there is a price to pay to get rid of the banner ad. However, there probably are some conservatives who don't like CNN anyway so it wouldn't hurt them.

Those )*&^%$#@&^%$ GUIDE BANNERS !

There's one way to start: TELL DIRECTV in comments. I told them switching from Dish Network to Directv was "one giant step for mankind", EXCEPT for that one t... in the punchbowl.

There's one way to start: TELL DIRECTV in comments. I told them switching from Dish Network to Directv was "one giant step for mankind", EXCEPT for that one t... in the punchbowl.

Tell me Jimmy ....

You switched from D* to Dish because of the banners ....

I want to hear the Rest of the Story ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)