Baseball on extra FSN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimdog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I'm a relatively new subscriber, so forgive me if this is common knowledge. But it seems that sometimes we will get the extra games on the various regional FSN networks, and then nights like tonight when all are blacked out.

I live in the Chicago local region. Were the games we were getting on the FSN part of the free baseball preview, or what are the blackout rules? Can anyone provide a link or some insight.

Thanks,

slim-

MLB EI was just on a free preview so that might explain games in the clear over the past week.

MLB EI was just on a free preview so that might explain games in the clear over the past week.

Ya, I dunno.. I was thinking that too, but these are on the FSN networks included in the premier package, not the actual MLB channels...

Could be tho :confused:

I'm a relatively new subscriber, so forgive me if this is common knowledge. But it seems that sometimes we will get the extra games on the various regional FSN networks, and then nights like tonight when all are blacked out.

I live in the Chicago local region. Were the games we were getting on the FSN part of the free baseball preview, or what are the blackout rules? Can anyone provide a link or some insight.

Thanks,

slim-

oops...:rolleyes:

Thanks,

slim-
To get the games out of market you must have Extra Innings. You can watch them on the actual RSN and on the EI channels themselves. We had a free preview for a week and that is why you were able to watch them before tonight. It as since expired so no more out of market games unless you pay.

Ya, I dunno.. I was thinking that too, but these are on the FSN networks included in the premier package, not the actual MLB channels...

Could be tho :confused:

Trying to explain the blackout rules from any of the leagues with make us & you pull you hair out along with the need to file for permanent disability; they are that insane! Keep in mind that DirecTV only enforces these rules; they do not make them. As I understand it; even old and replays are included in BO rules.

To see what you can get receive with your package and without MLB EI (or out of market pkg) simply go to the DirecTV website RSN Tool and type you zip code into the RSN tool. If you have a split zip/county, you will need to choose your specific county from the drop down provided and a list will be generated for you. Similar to the one attached.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 166
Ya, the wesite is showing me as Chicago only.. which is kind of what I expected. I knew it was too good to be true! :p

To be honest, this is just another reason why I will end up dropping my premier package to go with something cheaper. The movie channels aren't a huge deal to me, and these extra sports channels are basically worthless if they blackout all the games.

Thanks for all the info guys!

slim

I like the having the RSN's for pre and post game shows during baseball, as well as the same for NFL & NHL. Coaches shows also. I hope I live to see the day I can watch "Daily News Live" from Philadelphia's Comcast Sportsnet. It's one of the few things I miss from living in that area. Yes, I really enjoy sports, and D* allows me to feed my interests.

I like the having the RSN's for pre and post game shows during baseball, as well as the same for NFL & NHL. Coaches shows also. I hope I live to see the day I can watch "Daily News Live" from Philadelphia's Comcast Sportsnet. It's one of the few things I miss from living in that area. Yes, I really enjoy sports, and D* allows me to feed my interests.
I agree, I enjoy the game reports and the out of market news on these channels (even though I have the packages to watch the games also)
They go into alot more depth than ESPN does.

Also they do show alot of the college games that I wouldnt be able to otherwise get on those channels.

Ya, the wesite is showing me as Chicago only.. which is kind of what I expected. I knew it was too good to be true! :p

To be honest, this is just another reason why I will end up dropping my premier package to go with something cheaper. The movie channels aren't a huge deal to me, and these extra sports channels are basically worthless if they blackout all the games.

slim
If you really like baseball, you can sign up for EI instead. This way the games won't be blacked out but everything else will be. Or you can have both and get pretty much everything.

slim

If you watch any college sports, that's where the value of the sports pack really shines. Almost none of the college football and basketball gets blacked out, and you can often get most of what you'd get from paying for the ESPN Gameplan and Full Court packages.

Comacast from Philly...getting ready to watch the tonight's game as a matter of fact...what I would do to have this full time!! Love the name!!

Comacast from Philly...getting ready to watch the tonight's game as a matter of fact...what I would do to have this full time!! Love the name!!
Watching the Sox and Yanks right now. Might turn it over to yours in a few. It is nice to have that option:)

Without a doubt, thats two of the best Ive seen on any service

Too bad the OP doesn't see it nor want to pay for it. Shame they thought they were getting more than they got. But thats D* for you...shouldn't believe the hype and read the fine print. :)

Now I don't normally post to D* threads, nor will I after this. But based on the abuse I've been served, this is just something I needed to point out.

Take it up with me in the warzone or via PM if you have a problem with this...for now I'm content just having made my point.

Cheers.

Too bad the OP doesn't see it nor want to pay for it. Shame they thought they were getting more than they got. But thats D* for you...shouldn't believe the hype and read the fine print. :)

I believe this is MLB BO rules , not D*

Slimdog,

According to the rules, the OP WILL get HIS team(s) with NO black outs, but thats it for Pro sports.
College sport on ther Sports package are not BO., however, it's great if your a West Coast fan as it shows mainly PAC 10 and other west teams, so don't look for the other big conference teams to play there.

If you are currently on the Priemer package and don't watch movies much and the Sports pack doesn't do much for you, by all means drop down and save a bunch of money.
You can always add a particular movie channel if you see something you want to see.
You will still get your local RSN...

Someone else mentioned something about the MLB EI and the RSN's , In most cases, the EI. package comes from the RSN feed.

Jimbo

Now I don't normally post to D* threads, nor will I after this. But based on the abuse I've been served, this is just something I needed to point out.

Take it up with me in the warzone or via PM if you have a problem with this...for now I'm content just having made my point.

Cheers.
Simply giving him the information vampz. What the OP does with it is up to them.

I didn't really think I was getting more than I paid for. Actually I was expecting blackouts. It just turned out that my first week of service was with the EI free preview. It's kind of cool that some of you live in an area where you get two (or more) teams. Getting only Chicago locals is fine with me. I mean the cubs play almost every day, and how much baseball can one man watch? :) Gotta get away from the TV sometimes...

I likely will drop down packages after four months, but I got singed up for the free NFL Ticket by paying 74.95 for the first 4 months, something like that anyway. Plus I like the movie channels. I can download any movies or shows if I really want to drop any chans, tbh directv is more of a convenience than anything else...

I've been pretty happy with the service, and am not pissed off or anything over the baseball. The college sports should be interesting, although I get all the Notre Dame (my team) games so I'm not sweating that too much. I will be cool to get some USC games and such, so I can pray for the demise of my hated rival :D

I didn't really think I was getting more than I paid for. Actually I was expecting blackouts. It just turned out that my first week of service was with the EI free preview. It's kind of cool that some of you live in an area where you get two (or more) teams. Getting only Chicago locals is fine with me. I mean the cubs play almost every day, and how much baseball can one man watch? :) Gotta get away from the TV sometimes...

I likely will drop down packages after four months, but I got singed up for the free NFL Ticket by paying 74.95 for the first 4 months, something like that anyway. Plus I like the movie channels. I can download any movies or shows if I really want to drop any chans, tbh directv is more of a convenience than anything else...

I've been pretty happy with the service, and am not pissed off or anything over the baseball. The college sports should be interesting, although I get all the Notre Dame (my team) games so I'm not sweating that too much. I will be cool to get some USC games and such, so I can pray for the demise of my hated rival :D
Lol, sounds like you have it figured out.

If you drop down, I would recommend the HD/DVR package It includes your HD and your DVR fee.. Thats what I have with starz, and yes the sports package added. Saves me some money on the premiums that I dont want, and gives me the ones that I do. Win win, for me anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)