Baseball Playoffs in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gluck75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Manhattan
I am a Direct TV subscriber...My OTA Fox station doesn't really come in too well here in NYC.

WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE ANY PLAYOFF BASEBALL IN HD THIS YEAR, EITHER ON FOX OR ESPN?

I don't see the point of ESPN HD!!! I pay for it, but they don't even do the baseball playoffs in HD??? What’s the point of the station???

Also...Why would Minnesota keep a pitcher in who has never pitched 3 full innings? What could Gardenhire possibly have been thinking!?!?! He even kept his pitcher out after two walks??? Don't these guys learn from past mistakes? BK Kim? Pedro? I've been at traffic lights that were less predictable than the end of that game!!!

gluck75 said:
I am a Direct TV subscriber...My OTA Fox station doesn't really come in too well here in NYC.

WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE ANY PLAYOFF BASEBALL IN HD THIS YEAR, EITHER ON FOX OR ESPN?

The LCS and WS will be in HD on FOX. The real Q is whether or not D* will be showing them.

There's a rumor that D* will be carrying the games. There's another one that sez FOXHD E/W starts on the 12th. I'm more inclined to believe the former rather than the latter. OTA is still everyone's best bet tho.

gluck75 said:
I don't see the point of ESPN HD!!! I pay for it, but they don't even do the baseball playoffs in HD??? What’s the point of the station???

My guess is that ESPN/FOX didn't have enough spare HD trucks to carry all the Division games in HD given their NFL (FOX & ESPN) and CFB (ESPN) committments.

Personally, I think ESPN/FOX should have used the HD production facilities at the 8 MLB parks and not worried about having their own trucks. But hey, what do I know? :confused:

gluck75 said:
Also...Why would Minnesota keep a pitcher in who has never pitched 3 full innings? What could Gardenhire possibly have been thinking!?!?! He even kept his pitcher out after two walks??? Don't these guys learn from past mistakes? BK Kim? Pedro? I've been at traffic lights that were less predictable than the end of that game!!!

Gardenhire said after the game that he stuck with Nathan because he didn't like the matchups using the 2 kids he had available in the pen.

You're in Manhattan and can't get FOXHD? I'm in Brooklyn (and way out in Brooklyn at that) and get FOXHD just fine on my cheap small multi-directional OTA antenna.

Fox is playing some god awful widescreen crap that looks horrible on a 106" screen :eek: I cant wait till the next round when its in true HD I hope! Cardinals better advance to, so I have a reason to watch baseball in HD. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)