Basic Install Question

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
Hello all,

I have a customer that wants me to install a Glorystar system for him. I install DirecTV and Dish all the time. All I really need to know is where I need to point this dish.

Also using the Supperbuddy, I see that it has a Glorystar system loaded in it. SO I assume that I don't need to do anything special to it.

Thanks

Glorystar has 2 sats to aim at
97W (Galaxy 19)
101W (AMC4)

it actually is aimed at 99W which is between them

The stickies in this area above have the info on how to set it up

Thing to realize is FTA/Glorystar takes more time to aim since the sats are KU Band (and weaker than DBS)

There is actually 2 LNB's. The stock system has 2 LNB's and a rotating bracket

Geosatfinder will give the installer the correct info
GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV

you skew the 2 LNB holder to what it shows. Since most KU dishes cant be skewed, the bracket is skewed (just like it would be on a DBS setup) and the LNB's can also be skewed for optimum performance

Here is my review of it with some pictures....and yes the dish was bolted to my trailer hitch on the truck :p
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/93281-glorystar-dual-lnb-upgrade-kit.html
the dish had a different diameter mast than the ones on my roof or the dish hit the roof

key thing is to make sure the LNB's are pushed in 3/4" from the bracket otherwise your signal will be kaput and real bad. 97W is harder to aim than 101. The 101 channels are very strong versus the 97W channels but can be picked up just fine

Would you know the skew or tilt setting for the 49002 zip code. I don't know what all I am going to have when I show up for this install. customer says they have had this sitting around for a while, so I may not have any lit or instructions that may have come with it.

It might be best to call the customer and request that they tell you the make and model of the receiver. You then can download the manual from the links above. Remember, the receivers are preprogrammed and there is no need to enter into the menus after activating the channel list.

Before installing the switch, verify the reception of AMC4 on the right side LNBF (viewed standing in front of the dish facing) and Galaxy19 (old name Galaxy 25) on the left side.

Depending on how old the system is, you may have either a DiSEqC or a 22KHz switch. If using a DiSEqC switch, make sure to power off the receiver's master power on the rear of the unit when connecting the switch. It is easy to damage the DiSEqC switch if the receiver power is on during the connection.

Glorystar provides one year unlimited technical telephone support for the installation. We would recommend that you take advantage of our telephone technical support team if you have and questions or issues while at the customer's location.

If you are interested in listing in our installer referral service, please consider signing up at www.ftainstall.com . There are no referral or listing fees and we actively promote this site for Glorystar customers to locate a local installer.

ai.php

Ok got the system installed no problem. Now the customer wants to get additional receivers. I would assume that there must be a switch that will allow this. Could you point me in the direction for this? I did run two wires from the dish to the central location and put the current switch there so all I need is a switch that takes those two wires and makes it able to run 4 IRD's if there is one.

Also the customer has a DVR1100C. Everything was great untill we did the update. Then the component cable output would only do black and white. Regular AV was in color. Any Idea what might have happened?

Have to say the system was pretty easy to install. The Supperbuddy aims that dish no problem. It is not even as hard to aim as a Dish 1000.4.

I do not know that receiver but I have seen some FTA receivers where you had to set the receiver to component otherwise the output on the component cable had messed up looking video.

To upgrade to a two room system, purchase 2 GEOSATpro SL2, Dual Output LNBFs and a GEOSATpro / Ecoda 22KHz 2x1 Switch or if the customer wants 3 or 4 room system substitute the GEOSATPRO / ECODA 4x4 Switch.

TwoRoom_Connect.png
MultiRoom_Connect.png

We never have never experienced a component output failure of either the GEOSATpro DSR100c or the DVR1100c after an OTA Upgrade. All outputs are active at all times without menu setting.

1. Are the menus also in Black and White?
  2. Have you verified that the component cable is not defective?
  3. Did you try a Master Power Switch reset? If not, turn the Master Power Switch OFF for at least 30 seconds and depress the front panel power button while Master Power Switch is OFF, then repower the Master Power Switch.
  4. Try a Master Firmware Reset.

• Power Off the rear Master Power Switch.
  • Depress the Channel Up Button on the front panel switch the Master Power Switch ON.
  • Release the Channel Up Button after the Testing Menu appears.
  • Select #2 AV TEST and press OK. Does the component cable pass correct color bars and tone? If so, the cable, monitor and the receiver are working properly. Press Exit button.
  • Select #0 LOAD DEFAULT and press OK. When prompted, turn OFF the Master Power Switch or the rear of the receiver.
  • If using the RF output and the video does not appear, Press OK 2 (two) times and the video display will reappear.
  • Perform the receiver activation.

Has the output issue been corrected? If not, please call our support department.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)