Glorystar Installation Question

stilllearning

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Michigan
I currently have Directv. When my contract runs out, I want to buy a Glorystar system and replace D* with Glorystar. I know I have to replace the dish but can I use the existing D* coax cabling running from the dish to the house or do I have to replace that? The coax is relatively new, about 3 years old. Also, I want to get basic locals only cable for my local channels. Can that cable be plugged into the back of the Glorystar receiver so that I can change local channels from the receiver? If not, how do I handle that? Thanks in advance.

You can probably use the existing cable - make sure there are no switches or other devices in the line. The Glorystar receiver doesn't tune local or cable channels. You can run the cable companies signal through the satellite receiver - such that cable works normal (tuning locals via the TV) when the glorystar receiver is off. When you turn the GS receiver on your can view it's programing via channel 3 (or 4) of your TV.
Bob

Thanks for the info Bob. Do you know if Direct normally uses switches when they install their equipment? We originally had 2 receivers installed however I have since removed one of the receivers from our account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts