Basic question from an ignorant person regarding old Tivo receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Ok, this may be long and full of stupid, if so, I am sorry. But here is my story/question:

I was a long time DTV subscriber. I had two of the DTV/TIVO units (I don't know the models, but they were basic, one made by DirecTV, the other by Samsung).

I love TIVO, and had no issues with my service or these boxes, but Uverse came to my area, and the deal and promises with the service were too much to pass up, so I canceled DTV and went with Uverse.

The Uverse service has been ok. The dvr annoys me, and I really miss the TIVO, and I have had some issues with freezing of my picture, internet connectivity, and general bugs that have popped up. But mostly I miss my Tivo.

So, the other day I see a posting on one of the message boards regarding the new deal with Tivo and DTV to produce HD Tivos, and I got really excited. But I saw that these would not be coming out for a year or so.

So, here is my question. I am really thinking about coming back to DTV, but if I do, are my standard Tivo boxes still functional? Can I reactivate my account and use those receivers? Or have they become obsolete?

I would plan on just using my standard Tivo receivers for the year that I am waiting for the HD Tivo to come out, and than buy the new HD receiver for my HD TV, and continue to use the standard Tivo receivers on the non-HD tv's.

Should I make the switch now and hope to get in on a current customer special deal, or will I find a better HD Tivo deal as a new customer (I realize no one knows the answer to this, but just looking for opinions)?

So, I guess to make a long story into a short question, can I still use my standard Tivo/DTV receiver, and would I be dumb to switch back now, or should I be patient and wait it out? I am seeing some pretty good specials for new customers with DTV now and am thinking of taking advantage of them, or seeing if they are willing to cut me a better deal to come back as a returning customer.

Thanks...

You can definitely reactivate you TiVos. The rest is upto you only D* can answer questions about offers you qualify for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)